British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Premiership Somerset vs Rye House 04/04/18

not sure of the Rye lineup tbh:

1. Jason Doyle 2. Jake Allen 3. Charles Wright 4. Jack Holder 5. Richard Lawson 6. Bradley Wilson Dean 7. Jonas Jeppesen

1. Chris Harris 2. Aaron Summers 3. Edward Kennett 4. KK 5. Nicholls 6. Clegg 7. Robson 

Depending which Kennett and KK turn up this could be a whitewash imo with the Rebel riders all being very good around the OTA. Harris and Nicholls should provide some competition and Robson should provide some backup but I don't think Summers or Clegg will though. 

1 hour ago, rebelwonderkid said:

not sure of the Rye lineup tbh:

1. Jason Doyle 2. Jake Allen 3. Charles Wright 4. Jack Holder 5. Richard Lawson 6. Bradley Wilson Dean 7. Jonas Jeppesen

1. Chris Harris 2. Aaron Summers 3. Edward Kennett 4. KK 5. Nicholls 6. Clegg 7. Robson 

Depending which Kennett and KK turn up this could be a whitewash imo with the Rebel riders all being very good around the OTA. Harris and Nicholls should provide some competition and Robson should provide some backup but I don't think Summers or Clegg will though. 

I think the Somerset side has been vastly underrated by many when making predictions for the season.

Doyle should go through the card, KK potentially will be the only Rocket to trouble him. The Rebels are just as strong in the engine room as we are and should score more from reserve as well. 

• Like 1

Just read on website  Rye v Somerset and Somerset v Rye are both off tomorrow:(

27 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Just read on website  Rye v Somerset and Somerset v Rye are both off tomorrow:(

That's Swindon vs Rye and Rye vs Swindon. This one is on Wednesday. 

Edited by rebelwonderkid

1 hour ago, rebelwonderkid said:

That's Swindon vs Rye and Rye vs Swindon. This one is on Wednesday. 

Ooops sorry didnt look at the date and  wrong meeting just hope this one goes ahead.

just found out the same. Whole area is suffering from flooding and to compound it more rain forecast!

maybe sensible decision.

Good call  with the forecast - I think a fair few would have stayed away anyway with Liverpool vs City in the Champions league Quarter Final the same night.

Forecast for next two days is good. Dry tomorrow, risk of a few early showers Wednesday morning.

Do promotions actually want to start the season?

Steve surrounding areas are flooded you can't even get in the car park.

Right call this mate.

54 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Steve surrounding areas are flooded you can't even get in the car park.

Right call this mate.

Might be the right call now but 48 hours of drying time to be had. I could understand it if the forecast is bad but its not. If the track was still bad Wednesday afternoon call it off then.

Not sure which sites you're Looking at Steve but BBC and Met office sites showing rain most of day Wednesday.

Agree it's a risk but it's not my business so have to respect their call.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might be the right call now but 48 hours of drying time to be had. I could understand it if the forecast is bad but its not. If the track was still bad Wednesday afternoon call it off then.

The forecast shows rain throughout the whole of the night from Tuesday into Wednesday.