British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves SGB PREM A. 4th April 2018

Why is it poor to call todays meeting off? When its rained all day

• Like 1

Has it? Hasn’t shown it on the rain radar. Went either side of the midlands.

But back to what is important. Some racing at Poole on Wednesday. Looks 90% chance now of it going ahead. No rain forecast tomorrow as Skidder has already said and only the risk of showers Wednesday morning. That track might need watering before the meeting.

well i live cĺose to the track and its rained all day and infact its still rainïng now. So right call

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

well i live cĺose to the track and its rained all day and infact its still rainïng now. So right call

Don't bite on the sh¡te! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well it is raining now. There’s a very thin line of showers coming through which will last 20-30 mins. But don’t fib about it raining all day in Wolverhampton, because that’s just not true, is it.

well Your in poole not up here, so its you who dont know what your talking about.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well it is raining now. There’s a very thin line of showers coming through which will last 20-30 mins. But don’t fib about it raining all day in Wolverhampton, because that’s just not true, is it.

I live in the Midlands and it's rained all day you live in Poole how do you know what it's doing in the midlands you are a ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said all belong it will be on.  No early call offs like Wolves today when it has been dry all day with a brisk wind.  Very poor from the Wolves promotion. First crying off when Poole were due and now doing the same against Belle Vue. 

One would have thought they are running scared.

The Wolverhampton promotion obviously have no faith in there 1-7. 

56 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But back to what is important. Some racing at Poole on Wednesday. Looks 90% chance now of it going ahead. No rain forecast tomorrow as Skidder has already said and only the risk of showers Wednesday morning. That track might need watering before the meeting.

Not according to the met office forcast Steve, We will need a dry day tomorrow and some luck on Weds mate.

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would someone, in the vicinity, say it has rained all day if it wasn’t ‘true’? What is the reasoning behind your ‘fib’ and ‘running scared’ accusations? It’s pi$$ed down for four days. 

• Like 1

Said all belong it will be on.  No early call offs like Wolves today when it has been dry all day with a brisk wind.  Very poor from the Wolves promotion. First crying off when Poole were due and now doing the same against Belle Vue. 

One would have thought they are running scared.

Troll post 3. Anyone would think Poole have had run several successful meetings by now,  how many call offs Steve?? :lol:

Tho with the motocross track you have its no surprise. 

Still no reply to the reason why 100% of all meetings were off today tho, no surprise. Apparently Wolves can  do the impossible. It's given me a titter tho.

But back to what is important.

Yes, back to what is important. 

Rain all night and all morning and more rain tonight. Absolutely correct call.

Don't you love it when someone the other side of the country tells the locals what the weather is today. I'm sure you must be related to Michael Fish. At least it's giving the forum some light relief tonight. :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

The Wolverhampton promotion obviously have no faith in there 1-7. 

Where are they going?? Oh --you mean their not there......

Hahaha!

People actually believe you have to live in a place to know what the weather is actually doing. Doyou know at this very moment theres a small shower slightly north of Long Beach, California. I am not there but know this is the case due to the weather radar online. Its called technology and it’s a wonderful thing. Lets you know whats happening around the world at this precise moment. All from your own living room.

That’s how I know it was dry in Wolverhampton until a thin line of showers came through earlier this evening. And there’s a line of very heavy rain crossing Lyme Bay in Dorset as I type this.

I am not in Lyme Bay, but guess what? I know it’s there! Remarkable!

On my hour long walk to work at 4:50 (to Wolverhampton) this morning, the contents of approximately 1400 showers emptied themselves over me on said walk. I was convinced this was rain as it was so wet. However, after consulting with a wonderful thing called technology, this assured me that in fact, this was not the case & I was clearly mistaken. Hope that clears things up.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2