British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves SGB PREM A. 4th April 2018

Just now, sandking072 said:

On my hour long walk to work at 4:50 (to Wolverhampton) this morning, the contents of approximately 1400 showers emptied themselves over me on said walk. I was convinced this was rain as it was so wet. However, after consulting with a wonderful thing called technology, this assured me that in fact, this was not the case & I was clearly mistaken. Hope that clears things up.  

I do hope you took a brolly with you...:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I do hope you took a brolly with you...:unsure:

I didn't need to. It was bone dry according to your oppo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

I didn't need to. It was bone dry according to your oppo.

4.45 am is not day. I said it had been dry all day, not night. There hasn’t been enough rain to call a meeting off. I believe once BV had called off this morning, riders were informed and those outside the UK remained there. Just an opinion of course.

Promotions are being over cautious. Calling meetings off two days in advance because there’s a risk of rain is getting ridiculous. Kings Lynn and Somerset calling off 48 hours before tapes up? Might be wet now but 48 hours of drying winds is a long time.

If Poole call off in the morning I would say the same. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

It is presently P-ing down outside in Poole...

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

4.45 am is not day. I said it had been dry all day, not night. There hasn’t been enough rain to call a meeting off. I believe once BV had called off this morning, riders were informed and those outside the UK remained there. Just an opinion of course.

So, 4:45 is not part of the day? That's a new one on me. I'll put it very simply. It rained heavily from early evening last night until I went to bed at 11:30. We've had heavy showers on and off since last Wednesday. We also had a couple of showers mid morning and another at around 5pm. Trust me, there's no way the meeting would've gone ahead tonight without 14 riders going round in canoes.

• Like 1

Bloody adverts in the middle of posts is a pain.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hahaha!

People actually believe you have to live in a place to know what the weather is actually doing. Doyou know at this very moment theres a small shower slightly north of Long Beach, California. I am not there but know this is the case due to the weather radar online. Its called technology and it’s a wonderful thing. Lets you know whats happening around the world at this precise moment. All from your own living room.

That’s how I know it was dry in Wolverhampton until a thin line of showers came through earlier this evening. And there’s a line of very heavy rain crossing Lyme Bay in Dorset as I type this.

I am not in Lyme Bay, but guess what? I know it’s there! Remarkable!

You have already been proved wrong by people who live in the Wolverhampton and Midlands area. Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Didn't realise 4.45 wasn't daytime. :lol: its been proven by people in the area that you are wrong,  again. It's amazing that you would want anyone to believe that whilst the rest of the country has had speedway call offs decimating meetings yet Wolverhampton is the only area that didn't suffer. :rolleyes: Plum and prize seem to sum your opinion up totally. But then only you would disagree with people who live in the area.  

Poole will probably have yet another call off I guess. What will that be 3 or 4 by then? :P

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There are times when the adverts are more welcome than the posts......:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hopefully all clubs promotions will now look into the forum as regards future postponements.If they can contact Steve Shovlar he will tell them exactly what the weather will do 48 hrs prior to each and every clubs home matches.He will detail exactly whether any rain will hit any tracks in those 48 hrs.And on this evidence clubs will know 100% whether to postpone or not.So thanks must go to SS for saving speedway a small fortune in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Especially as he would do the right thing and act as guarantor for any losses incurred in the event that his forecast was wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Troll post 3. Anyone would think Poole have had run several successful meetings by now,  how many call offs Steve?? :lol:

Tho with the motocross track you have its no surprise.

Still no reply to the reason why 100% of all meetings were off today tho, no surprise. Apparently Wolves can  do the impossible. It's given me a titter tho.

not a motocross track now mate

5 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

not a motocross track now mate

Don't think it can be called that any more.I know it's not been tested really yet, but with Glyn on the case,i imagine it will be Poole's best track in years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I've recently started using Ghostery add-on for chrome.  No joke has stopped every single bit of crap that has infested my browsing experience in  a flash.

Genuinely not seen an ad on any site i use for ages now.

Anyway. Cheers

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

the forecast in the poole area for the next couple of days tells me there will be no speedway at wimborne road wednesday night rain and wind most of the day today and same again tomorrow , im sure other people will tell me im wrong bbc weather forecast

Edited by ray c

No rain today other than a few showers possible this morning. Dry rest of today. Tomorrows forecast has changed again to risk of sunshine and showers throughout the day. Wind is good.

Edited by Steve Shovlar