British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves SGB PREM A. 4th April 2018

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not proven yet, you ain't had a meeting on it. Still, if Shovlar says it's on it must mean it will be off,  considering how poor his weather predictions are.

You can't brag about a track that's held no action yet anyway. 

If Chris Holder says it's good then it is!! He has been the biggest critics of the Poole track holes.

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Except it’s not Easter!  Trying to get rid before they go out of date! :rofl:

I'll take some, I don't mind!! :D

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Chris Holder says it's good then it is!! He has been the biggest critics of the Poole track holes.

Lisa, all our boys said its good, and eventually, given a dry spell, if we ever get one, it will be even better. but we do need a clear week with no rain a bit of sun and a drying wind.

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Forcast for Poole tomorrow has slightly improved, but we need a completely dry day today, and still the forcast to go our way tomorrow. It will still be very difficult for Glyn to get the track up together tomorrow if the forcast stays as it is and we have no sun nor a drying wind, Glyn will know, in those circumtances you will be flogging a dead horse. It will not dry out even to get an inside line. If it doesnt rain, you give yourself half a chance, even with no drying wind, depending on how slushy the track is. because you cannot put machinery on that track like that, otherwise you will pull everything up in the tyres.

I think Glyn needs to get ss in for advice :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

The terrible stench of precedents was set when Poole called off a match against Lakeside a few seasons ago because of 'potential to damage ones business' all because you were missing riders. No precedent has stunk as much since.

Calling off matches days in advance is wrong although it would appear a necessary evil for some although why this is going to entice anyway to bother travelling to watch the sport is beyond me. No wonder crowds are down. 

The forecast for the whole of easter was dreadful in all areas so it's no wonder 19 matches got called off. If you really believe the forecast was 'reasonably promising' you most certainly are the only one reading it that way.

So probably an early call off for Wednesday at the motorcross track then. Your predicting skills are dreadful.

Why would it be rained off now, there is only a few puddles around. Hasn't rained that much today, just a few odd showers. Forecasts are not always right you know, but at the moment they are changing every 5 mins so how can you call the meeting off when the expects aren't sure!!

31 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

See the prat from poole saying the weather up redcar is dry on thursday so you should not call it off, what a thick p.... Knows nothing about tracks

Stop talking and get to work. Lazy and bone idle comes to mind.

You not got a clue, have you talk about thick. Some on here knock poole fans but there is only one thick one andthats you......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you look at this meeting on paper we do look to strong for this wolves side 50 plus score for us imo 

My lad and me are travelling down for this one. Fingers crossed the weather is kind to us. Will probably get comfortably beaten by the pirates though. 

Any other Wolves fans making the journey? 

44 minutes ago, alkadera said:

My lad and me are travelling down for this one. Fingers crossed the weather is kind to us. Will probably get comfortably beaten by the pirates though. 

Have a safe journey. Keep an eye on the Poole website and twitter feed in case we get a heavy rain shower.

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have a safe journey. Keep an eye on the Poole website and twitter feed in case we get a heavy rain shower.

Will do Steve. Met Office looks ok atm. Depends on the state of the track already. 

Track should be good. Been dry all day.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track should be good. Been dry all day.

But still be a lot of standing water Steve. Had we been racing today that would have been shiifted and we would have been on, we need a pretty dry day tmz, and the forcast is for heavy showers. so i would still say touch and go.

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Won't be holding my breath. We have heard every year that track work has meant to have taken place but is still like a motorcross track.  Jury definitely out.

2 hours ago, alkadera said:

Just ask Shovlar, he tells everyone in any part of the country what the weather is doing. However sadly he is usually 100% wrong.

35 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Won't be holding my breath. We have heard every year that track work has meant to have taken place but is still like a motorcross track.  Jury definitely out. Ki I'm

Just ask Shovlar, he tells everyone in any part of the country what the weather is doing. However sadly he is usually 100% wrong.

went down for press and practice, was waiting for the riders too hit a hole and head for the fence, it didn't happen, I've been going for close on fifty years, it's the best I've seen it for a very long time, Best prepared track 2018 me thinks