British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves SGB PREM A. 4th April 2018

Can't be off surely? My wonderful thing called technology (copyright Steve Shovlar) says Poole is currently experiencing a 30 degree heatwave & is being assessed to be classed as a desert.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

So it's Swimbourne road, not good news for the both groups of Speedway fans - Poole supporters & the anti Poole supporters!

A farmer friend has told me there's a HEATWAVE on it's way.............

No suprise. Absolutely tipped it down for an hour. Gutted for the riders and fans but at least this early call off has stopped any Wolves fans from having a wasted journey.

Looks like a night of Champions League footy.

Roll on next Monday at Leicester and the next rainoff.

17 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Scandalous!! There's a good 8 hours of 'drying time' remaining. :)

Certainly an abundant supply of hot air down there. I take it the weather radar's been switched off ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Scandalous!! There's a good 8 hours of 'drying time' remaining. :)

Its not just today's rain. The track is still suffering from the Easter rain!!!! Right decision!!

55 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Can't be off surely? My wonderful thing called technology (copyright Steve Shovlar) says Poole is currently experiencing a 30 degree heatwave & is being assessed to be classed as a desert.

I'd make do with a 18 degree heatwave atm! :D

46 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

So it's Swimbourne road, not good news for the both groups of Speedway fans - Poole supporters & the anti Poole supporters!

A farmer friend has told me there's a HEATWAVE on it's way.............

They were saying 20 degrees from mid April, but whether that has changed again :unsure:

Pain in the ass these rainoffs. Off to Bassano on the 26th April until the 3rd May. Thought I wouldn’t miss a meeting but Somerset v Poole has already been re-arranged while I am away and we have a spare date on the 26th April at home (In the fixture list) which is free for re-arranged fixtures) Might be missing a couple of meetings as well as Lynn away on the 25th of this month.

12.35 pm right now and raining hard here in Poole. Never known a season starting like this, ever. Though I was at a Swindon v Poole meeting a few years ago which got abandoned because of snow.

crippling effect on cash flow for poole and many other clubs up and down the country,will take till mid summer at the earliest to pull it around !

2 minutes ago, poole keith said:

crippling effect on cash flow for poole and many other clubs up and down the country,will take till mid summer at the earliest to pull it around !

Lets hope it stops raining by then..:angry:

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Has it? Hasn’t shown it on the rain radar. Went either side of the midlands.

But back to what is important. Some racing at Poole on Wednesday. Looks 90% chance now of it going ahead. No rain forecast tomorrow as Skidder has already said and only the risk of showers Wednesday morning. That track might need watering before the meeting.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:27 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Hahaha!

People actually believe you have to live in a place to know what the weather is actually doing. Doyou know at this very moment theres a small shower slightly north of Long Beach, California. I am not there but know this is the case due to the weather radar online. Its called technology and it’s a wonderful thing. Lets you know whats happening around the world at this precise moment. All from your own living room.

That’s how I know it was dry in Wolverhampton until a thin line of showers came through earlier this evening. And there’s a line of very heavy rain crossing Lyme Bay in Dorset as I type this.

I am not in Lyme Bay, but guess what? I know it’s there! Remarkable!

On 4/2/2018 at 9:49 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

4.45 am is not day. I said it had been dry all day, not night. There hasn’t been enough rain to call a meeting off. I believe once BV had called off this morning, riders were informed and those outside the UK remained there. Just an opinion of course.

Promotions are being over cautious. Calling meetings off two days in advance because there’s a risk of rain is getting ridiculous. Kings Lynn and Somerset calling off 48 hours before tapes up? Might be wet now but 48 hours of drying winds is a long time.

If Poole call off in the morning I would say the same. 

The weather oracle showing himself up yet again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dj350z said:

The weather oracle showing himself up yet again.

I was spot on.