Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolves SGB PREM A. 4th April 2018

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didn’t.

How can saying a place is full of muslims be racist? It was stating a fact. First of all the comment isn’t racist, and secondly muslims are not a race. They are followers of islam, a religion.

Yes Manchester does have a lot of Muslims and you were basically saying why would you want to live there because of that,that sounds racist to me.Now you are trying to back track to put it right.Maybe you should think before posting next time so you can't get quoted  on before being able to delete your post.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didn’t.

How can saying a place is full of muslims be racist? It was stating a fact. First of all the comment isn’t racist, and secondly muslims are not a race. They are followers of islam, a religion.

Manchester isn't FULL of Muslims, so it's not a fact. :rolleyes: Manchester like a lot of cities and places in the UK have POCKETS of different religions and races. Very little wrong with that unless you are a racist. I welcome the broad spectrum of races and cultures personally. I take it the assumption that you are making is that living with Muslims is a bad thing but if that's the generalisation you want to make then I'll leave you to the fall out that might follow. 

If you really want to say Manchester is a bad place to live because of Muslims then that really is a poor statement. IMHO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

nowt else down there to watch :lol: 

Just a PL football team..

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

manchester is a big place unlike little dorset i suggest you engage your brain more and a look at more area's around our great CITY oh yeah we are CITY  dorest ????? pmsl

Bigger doesn't always been better! I've been to Manchester twice and not to watch speedway, so I think my opinion is valid and yeah Manchester is good if you like the city life but I prefer the fresh air you get at the seaside.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yes Manchester does have a lot of Muslims and you were basically saying why would you want to live there because of that,that sounds racist to me.Now you are trying to back track to put it right.Maybe you should think before posting next time so you can't get quoted  on before being able to delete your post.

I didn’t remove my post.

Am I anti muslim? Yes. But I am not a racist. I just don’t like islam. It demeans women. Its 100% not racist to dislike a religion. If you think it right that a woman has to walk behind a man, is not allowed on the floor of a mosque, is pushed into arranged marriages etc etc etc, then that’s your prerogative. 

I believe in equal rights. Islam does not grant that ideal. We are way off topic

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didn’t remove my post.

Am I anti muslim? Yes. But I am not a racist. I just don’t like islam. It demeans women. Its 100% not racist to dislike a religion. If you think it right that a woman has to walk behind a man, is not allowed on the floor of a mosque, is pushed into arranged marriages etc etc etc, then that’s your prerogative. 

I believe in equal rights. Islam does not grant that ideal. We are way off topic

The post has been removed by either you or Admin,  which means it's tasteless. 

You clearly don't know enough about Muslims in big cities if you think they all obey Islam. I'd say they are in the minority. If you dislike Islam then you disrespect Muslims who follow that religion. Although I'd say 100% of Muslims on BSF think your weather forecasting predictions are rubbish. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is not he right thread to discuss religion but  am happy  to do so in the general section.

Steve's comparison of Manchester and Poole is very selective to say the least. Comparing Sandbanks to a council estate is not representative of the 2 areas. My sister lives just outside Bournemouth and they are a lot of extremely deprived areas in the centre of Bournemouth and parts of Poole. whereas my daughter lives in a place called Woodford on the edge of Manchester and there are some very expensive houses there where some of the professional footballers live. Also interestingly, Ivan Mauger lived in Woodford and Bramhall, very nice areas when he was riding for the Aces.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Bit racist

dick head !!

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Just a PL football team..

massive 12 thousand crowds and 50 that go to away matches PMSL :lol:

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Bigger doesn't always been better! I've been to Manchester twice and not to watch speedway, so I think my opinion is valid and yeah Manchester is good if you like the city life but I prefer the fresh air you get at the seaside.

plenty sea air in blackpool 40 mins up the road and more lively lol 

34 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

first class knob enough said another show up by what a prick 

Lovely fellow aren't you. Your lack of intelligence and class is showing brightly through. I can picture you now on a donkey on Blackpool beach with a kiss me quick hat on and holding a bottle of Diamond White.

By the way the scousers 3 Arab billions 0  what a humiliation.

Man city, a team at the top of the league and still can't fill their own stadium. As the arabs have proved you can buy success but you can't buy class and history.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As the arabs have proved you can buy success but you can't buy class and history.

How very true Steve

• Like 1

Man City will create their own history and the club has class in abundance, anybody who is bitter towards them because of their money and doesn't appreciate the football they play needs to get a life. They aren't the only club with a rich owner.

I don't think their supporters will be attacking the Liverpool bus next week either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Man City will create their own history and the club has class in abundance, anybody who is bitter towards them because of their money and doesn't appreciate the football they play needs to get a life. They aren't the only club with a rich owner.

I don't think their supporters will be attacking the Liverpool bus next week either.

Liverpool have no class either. I am not talking about the skillful footballers but the way their fans acted last night. 

Only big club in the premiership with real class are the Gunners. 

• Like 1