British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich v Peterborough CS 5-4-18@7-30pm

Ironic after all the rain offs the first meeting we have such a drying wind the track was slicker than slick!! Does not suit our boys!

Good start for the German!

reserves dropped too many points from scoring positions and that was the difference - king too slow in ht15 rory said after he made a mistake but he ran out of room because Danny too slow!

early days but the lack of track time really showed - well done Peterborough came well up for the contest and deserved the win - impressed with palm-toft 

Ipswich riders moaning about track time and looked rusty... meeting all over by 9.10pm ... curfew at 10pm... but not a single Witch used this time to practice kerb crawling. :mad:

Hopefully just the lack of dirt ... but track changes seem to be for the worse! 

Peterborough sorted it out.. . Off throttle going into corner and make sure you stay on kerb coming out. All the passes tonight were done this way... And all by the Panthers! Lakeside will love it....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 2

Obviously I'm not a track man and all that, but was there not a chance to rip it up a bit and add a few sprinkles of water to the outside?  Also riders need to adapt to track conditions, I love watching Nico when the track is there for him, but when it isn't, he really needs to try something else, same could be said of Heeps also, and Danyon, but he is still learning I guess.  

We need a miracle already after one meeting to stay in the shield.

On to the positives from tonight, the new sound system was really good, for the few races it was working, and looks like the young German will be okay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Define what humping means exactly is it a scottish term for whoops

Deary me. 

Meeting after meeting between these two and every time I turned up hoping for a bit of entertainment.... 

And now I've missed one and it's been  the panters turn to shine. 

Well done panters - drawing board for ippo switches. 

Even though this finished early the lack of a PA system for half of the meeting I felt it went on longer.  Nicholls looked painfully slow on the new Godden in his first two rides and couldn't seem to get off the start but upped the pace at the end.  Ostergaard impressed for me, along with Schlein.  Reserves were the weak point for Ipswich but I expected that anyway.  New track shape is meant to help the inside coming out and it looked like it did.

Well done to the Panthers!

If anyone has the race times for heats 5 and 6 I would be most grateful if they could share them - many thanks!

Congrats to the Panthers who adapted to the new track better than the Witches. Do the riders not watch the other heats as the Witches kept on riding mid track and getting passed up the inside.

I agree with beerhut, when the meeting finished early which is likely to be the norm with the new rules, there were 5 Mildenhall riding getting some laps in but no Ipswich riders. I understand they were probably p***** off with losing but with the lack of track time, they should've made an effort to try things out. It's not as if we have regular fixtures this year, but don't get me started on that.

As I understand it you don't have to have your number 1 in the averages riding at 1 in the team this year. I would put Danny at 5 with Rory at 1 and Nico at 3.

Edited by Bash

Just now, Flappy said:

Danny King had no problem with the track 

Then as the Witches Captain shouldn't he be passing things on to the other riders about set up and which lines to take ? 

He didn't look fast all night and was almost passed a couple of times up the inside.

21 minutes ago, Bash said:

As I understand it you don't have to have your number 1 in the averages riding at 1 in the team this year. I would put Danny at 5 with Rory at 1 and Nico at 3.

Rule 18.6. ... the top rider (by MA) must rider at #1

I was told that had changed this year but obviously not. Thanks Beerhut, but I would still swap Rory & Nico round.

I would have Rory at 5, but then you have a paring of Nico and Heeps, both can't gate and both ride wide, so that would probably be a complete disaster.  Lasts nights problem was down to 2 things, no advantage in riding wide and the wide riders not capable of riding round the inside.  To me the aim last night should have been set bike up to get out of start and pin it round kerb, something the panthers worked out that our riders didn't do, or not capable/skillfull enough to do.

Edited by Baldyman

As has been stated, your no1 by MA starts at no1. 2 - 5 can be in any order. The change, this year, is that the no6 & no7 by MA can be in any order.