British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gniezno v Leszno training match Monday April 2nd live on TV

This training match is live on TVP sport programme starts at 12.40pm UK time with 1st race at 12.45pm line-ups  https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/85545/car-gwarant-start-gniezno-fogo-unia-leszno

could be on internet here http://sport.tvp.pl/

or links here http://www.soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

https://www.meczyki.pl/

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

I watched this live on TVP Sport on my TV and it was not a bad match. Looking at the TVP Sport scheduled for the next 14 days reveals no further speedway. Of course, I know the Extraliga is on nSport and that Polsat sport has 1st division stuff and am aware of various other stuff across Eleven's channels.

However, I just wanted to ask: Does TVP Sport show matches regularly or is today's just a one off? 

Cheers

11 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I watched this live on TVP Sport on my TV and it was not a bad match. Looking at the TVP Sport scheduled for the next 14 days reveals no further speedway. Of course, I know the Extraliga is on nSport and that Polsat sport has 1st division stuff and am aware of various other stuff across Eleven's channels.

However, I just wanted to ask: Does TVP Sport show matches regularly or is today's just a one off? 

Cheers

They used to show div1(Nice) but lost the contract to Polsat/Eleven. they have had the odd test match/ individual - however they are also in competition with N sport and the other 2 previously mentioned for these.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They used to show div1(Nice) but lost the contract to Polsat/Eleven. they have had the odd test match/ individual - however they are also in competition with N sport and the other 2 previously mentioned for these.

Thanks r&r!

This one seemed to operate to an odd formula with the heat two reserves race deleted and the other heats advanced by one. I take it since it was technically a training session anything goes. It really does show the pull of the sport over there when the Polish equivalent of the BBC transmits a practice!

50 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

This one seemed to operate to an odd formula with the heat two reserves race deleted and the other heats advanced by one. I take it since it was technically a training session anything goes. It really does show the pull of the sport over there when the Polish equivalent of the BBC transmits a practice!

Gniezno billed it as the "super match " but I wasn`t having any of that !!!!!!

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Gniezno billed it as the "super match " but I wasn`t having any of that !!!!!!

Depends how easily excitable the people of Gniezno are ;)

Yesterday afternoon I also watched Rybnik's practice session with Leszno, primarily to see how Craig Cook got on. This was transmitted live by unialeszno.tv and the return today in Leszno will also be live on that website. Was interesting to see that Luke Becker was given a run out by Leszno yesterday.

45 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Yesterday afternoon I also watched Rybnik's practice session with Leszno, primarily to see how Craig Cook got on. This was transmitted live by unialeszno.tv and the return today in Leszno will also be live on that website. Was interesting to see that Luke Becker was given a run out by Leszno yesterday.

I was busy yesterday and missed seeing that they were showing the match although I put the link up yesterday evening to the video plus a video of the Czestochowa v Gdansk training match yesterday here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

Rybnik can`t put a team out today - so it`s Leszno v Torun start time 4pm UK time- might be shown here https://www.youtube.com/user/unialesznotv

• Like 2

For a training match I thought that it was pretty decent. I don't think Leszno will walk away with much confidence though

Amazing how quick crashed riders were getting back on their feet!!

2 hours ago, James Carter said:

For a training match I thought that it was pretty decent. I don't think Leszno will walk away with much confidence though

Amazing how quick crashed riders were getting back on their feet!!

That wasn't the full Leszno team. They were minus Piotr Pawlicki and Damian Balinski and had to use a relative novice to cover for reserve Bartosz Smektala riding in the top 5. Also, it WAS just a practice session.

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Rybnik can`t put a team out today - so it`s Leszno v Torun start time 4pm UK time- might be shown here https://www.youtube.com/user/unialesznotv

Confusing seeing races with 2 red helmet colours. I know it's only practice but still...