British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Redcar - 6.4.18 - Championship Shield

Image may contain: motorcycle and text

So, after the cancellation of the Edinburgh match, the Redcar Bears will be the first to come into the Scorpions den for 2018. Fingers crossed the weathers on our side, as it'll be the first team action (I believe) for both sides. 

For the Scorpions side, im very much looking forward to seeing our newbie Gino in action, I've read how grateful he is for the Scorpions giving him a team place and really hope he can deliver the goods for us. Im looking forward to seeing Stevie back in a Scunny jacket after 7 years too and hopefully will be the number 1 we've needed for some time. For the Bears team, im only really looking forward to seeing Jordan Stewart, who Rob did have pencelled in, until Redcar came along and snapped his signature.. Fingers crossed for a cracking meeting, the first of 2018 weather permitting

• Like 1

Great to see speedway finally here again,( weather permitting of course). Just a shame the weather has prevented the riders from getting some practice in.

I too will be eager to see Jordan in action for the Bears, will have to wait for the Julie Lewis meet at the Bears lair to see him.

Ben Barker, as ever, will be box office . Worth the admission alone. UTB

We've just been overhauling these fixtures; and because of the way it all falls into place (ie; where we will be geographically on certain days) baring a rain off we don't miss a single fixture Home or Away until potentially ? - 23 June Lakeside Away - and we might end up there as well ? !.

Cannot remember a Speedway season where we have felt this "motivated" not to miss a single second !

"SCUNNY GRAND TOUR" - gets underway Friday "under the lights" v Redcar ! - blooming 'ummer this is exciting !

• Like 2

Just read that Gino has had to pull out of Jon Armstrong's testimonial due to visa issues does this effect him riding for the Scorpions?

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Just read that Gino has had to pull out of Jon Armstrong's testimonial due to visa issues does this effect him riding for the Scorpions?

Dont think so

Its just non team meetings such as testimonials

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Dont think so

Its just non team meetings such as testimonials

That's good news if that's the case

That's a few riders that are having Visa issues at the moment. It has been said elsewhere that C Holder has personal/visa issues, Ty Procter received the ok to ride Premiership but not Championship & Jordan Stewart had not received confirmation to ride. Whether this was for individual meetings or team meetings, I am not sure.

Very much a blow the cobwebs away fixture - most riders first meeting of the season.

Scorpions look to have a strong line up this year and the Bears have a few riders making their first visit to the circuit.

Scorpions by 15 I think - just hope everyone has a safe meeting.

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

That's a few riders that are having Visa issues at the moment. It has been said elsewhere that C Holder has personal/visa issues, Ty Procter received the ok to ride Premiership but not Championship & Jordan Stewart had not received confirmation to ride. Whether this was for individual meetings or team meetings, I am not sure.

The Visa's, as far as I understand, are to do with which League the track is in.  Ty Proctor, for example, had his Premiership Visa but not Championship Visa, so if the Individual was ridden on, say Belle Vue's track, he could ride in it, but not a Workington individual, as that's a CL track!  Completely barmy, if you ask me, but there you go!

Get well soon Steve

8 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Very much a blow the cobwebs away fixture - most riders first meeting of the season.

Scorpions look to have a strong line up this year and the Bears have a few riders making their first visit to the circuit and with Kus in the team!!!

Scorpions by 15 I think - just hope everyone has a safe meeting.

Scorpions would have hit 60 if SW hadn't left the meeting early (hope he is ok).

Could be the taste of things to come in a lot of away meetings for the Bears - new riders will take a while to bed in and some others are (sadly) as consistent as usual.

Scorpions will beat a lot of better teams than us particularly if the reserves chip in some points.

Edited by Yearbyred

9 hours ago, StevePark said:

The Visa's, as far as I understand, are to do with which League the track is in.  Ty Proctor, for example, had his Premiership Visa but not Championship Visa, so if the Individual was ridden on, say Belle Vue's track, he could ride in it, but not a Workington individual, as that's a CL track!  Completely barmy, if you ask me, but there you go!

that will be a bit tough on ty when he qualifies for the end of season CLRC

24 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

that will be a bit tough on ty when he qualifies for the end of season CLRC

Looks like it has come through now, as he's listed in the Comets Line-up on their Twitter and Facebook pages, so panic over!

Best wishes to Stevie W after his trip to hospital. I hope he's OK and it's nothing serious and just a precaution.

Edited by StevePark
To add bets wishes to Stevie W