British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Redcar - 6.4.18 - Championship Shield

Wishing Steve a prompt and pain free recovery from what was a nasty looking smash,fingers crossed his injury is not as bad as first feared

6 minutes ago, montie said:

Wishing Steve a prompt and pain free recovery from what was a nasty looking smash,fingers crossed his injury is not as bad as first feared

Unfortunately Steve Worrall has fractured both tibia and fibula just under his knee which will mean a spell on the side lines.

Sounds like he is non to happy with Jonas B Anderson.

• Like 1

Gutted for both Scunny and Belle Vue... Devastated for Stevie... Wishing him all the best for a fast and successful recovery.

With only our very own Josh Auty in the team from last year. Didn't we do well!  Sadly we have already lost Stevie whilst he's out injured.  Get well soon Stevie. Josh you were brilliant! Garrity looked so happy and in his interview he sounded so excited to be riding for the Scorps.  said he loved the track . What would our score have been had Stevie took all his rides! So a huge well done to the whole team. Sadly Stevie will be missed though. Here's hoping he will have  a speedy recovery! 

Firstly, get well soon Stevie. Gutted for you, your family, Belle Vue & GB. Speedy recovery.

Well done the Scorpions on their 1st outing. Rode well as individuals & as a team looking for each other. A score line I did not expect with track changes & limited practice for most of our riders during the 1st few months of the year. The crowd seemed very good & the win, performance & score should bring them all back plus get a few newbies & oldies back on board at the EWR. I was well surprised by our gating as Garrity & Auty are not renowned for this & I expressed my surprise at this to Josh in the clubhouse after the meeting. He said it was down to preparation, mentally & physically. Pleased for Stefan, too, as did not expect that performance after his shoulder injury last year, as we know it took a while for Howe & Jorgensen to get over similar injuries. Big shout to Jason, put his bike where it needed to be then his wins were never in doubt. We know Jake can do better & proved it in his last 2 rides. He seemed to be fiddling near his handlebars in his 1st race so not sure if his cut-out had come out. Our reserves gave a lot of effort but for less scores but they, both, will have better meetings.

Not too sure the score line would have changed too much with Steve as we won heat 13 & got a 5-1 in 15.

4 hours ago, foamfence said:

Steve has described JBA as a 'desperate idiot' on Twitter, he certainly has got a bit of a reputation.

Harsh according to most people's description of the incident. That is Stevie just shooting from the hip upset his season has been ruined. 

• Like 2

Anyone know why Jordan Stewart was excluded for moving at the tapes? Seemed really harsh, when other riders were doing the same and getting away with it.

Regarding the tapes incident, JS was moving but did not touch the tapes. Reading in to what else has happened this year, only if you touch the tapes are you excluded. If you are not stationary at the tapes then the ref, as has been posted elsewhere, seems to hold the tapes longer. If they let them go then a few times it has been described as an unsatisfactory start. Even Rob questioned Margaret Vardy, the ref, from the on field mic.

My judgement of the Stevie incident from bend 4 plus a friend who was on bend 1 was the racing was tight and, at first, Stevie had a go on the inside of bend 3 early on. He then moved to the outside line, and was taken wide on bends 3 & 4, where Stevie pulled along side down the home straight for JBA to take the wide line in to bend 1 and drifted wider, clipping Stevie & sending him to the fence. JBA then slowed down the back straight, as if knowing he made a mistake.

23 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

My judgement of the Stevie incident from bend 4 plus a friend who was on bend 1 was the racing was tight and, at first, Stevie had a go on the inside of bend 3 early on. He then moved to the outside line, and was taken wide on bends 3 & 4, where Stevie pulled along side down the home straight for JBA to take the wide line in to bend 1 and drifted wider, clipping Stevie & sending him to the fence. JBA then slowed down the back straight, as if knowing he made a mistake.

im not sure how the hell JBA was taking the wide line   Stevie had made a fantastic pass on the out side down the home straight then rightly clamped JBA on the kerb[100% fair and clean move],sadly there was a little contact from then on in the unfortunate Stevie was just a passenger and couldnt get off the bike in time

you will not find a nicer guy in speedway than Steve and id say he was pished off at JBA nipping him up against the fence on the previous lap,enough to rip Steves inside bike cover off

such a shame as it was a super race up to that point,im the impressive Steve giving chase for 3 laps

to be fair to JBA, he was straight round to Ste after the race and off the bike checking on him,

one other point,i hate to see folk running around to the point where the crash happened and hanging off the fence looking,Stevies young family are present and im sure they dont need running commentary from some un educated clowns hanging off the fence,,,,,,,,,,,ffs,show some respect

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, montie said:

im not sure how the hell JBA was taking the wide line   Stevie had made a fantastic pass on the out side down the home straight then rightly clamped JBA on the kerb[100% fair and clean move],sadly there was a little contact from then on in the unfortunate Stevie was just a passenger and couldnt get off the bike in time

you will not find a nicer guy in speedway than Steve and id say he was pished off at JBA nipping him up against the fence on the previous lap,enough to rip Steves inside bike cover off

such a shame as it was a super race up to that point,im the impressive Steve giving chase for 3 laps

to be fair to JBA, he was straight round to Ste after the race and off the bike checking on him,

one other point,i hate to see folk running around to the point where the crash happened and hanging off the fence looking,Stevies young family are present and im sure they dont need running commentary from some un educated clowns hanging off the fence,,,,,,,,,,,ffs,show some respect

kids will always be curious when it comes to crashes.where have you been to a meeting where nobody has gone up to the fence to look.human nature i,m afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

kids will always be curious when it comes to crashes.where have you been to a meeting where nobody has gone up to the fence to look.human nature i,m afraid.

It it's kids, then why don't the parents keep control of them and tell them to stay away from the incident?

42 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It it's kids, then why don't the parents keep control of them and tell them to stay away from the incident?

because as you and me both know steve,we are living in a totally different generation to ours.

Crowds have always gathered to see what has happened, not just this generation.

43 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Crowds have always gathered to see what has happened, not just this generation.

Agree,,, if people didn't bad an eye-lid, there might be something wrong.