British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Tru Plant Stars v Leicester Lions: KO Cup Wed 4th April

I had been thinking this meeting will fall foul of the weather,  but looking at the forecast last night and again this morning, there could be a chance this meeting could go ahead.  Wednesday is expected to be reasonably dry, and any rain coming much later.   So hoping the gods shine on East Anglia and we will get our first taste of speedway action this year.

If the meeting goes ahead, I imagine it will be a close affair.  I am hoping the Stars can take a handful of points to Leicester for the return leg.    The lions  have assembled, what I consider, their best team ever and will provide stiff competition,  so there will be no easy points on offer.   This is the time for the Stars to shine and I hope they can hit the floor running.   I would be nice to start the season with a win.  

There is also an important  European  football  match between  Man City and Liverpool on the box  the same night,    My plan is to watch it when I get home,  but you can bet someone will spoil the fun by  broadcasting the result  before I have chance to watch it ......

The stock cars scheduled for today have been postponed which is a good thing for Wednesday's prospects. The forecast is for later rain tomorrow and Wednesday as well as all day today so I can't see it going ahead personally, and if there is rain around Wednesday evening and its still on I won't be taking the chance, been stung by that far too often in the past. I'd suggest if the forecast is still the same in 36 hours time it would be entirely sensible to call off early and wait for a much nicer spring evening.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The stock cars scheduled for today have been postponed which is a good thing for Wednesday's prospects. The forecast is for later rain tomorrow and Wednesday as well as all day today so I can't see it going ahead personally, and if there is rain around Wednesday evening and its still on I won't be taking the chance, been stung by that far too often in the past. I'd suggest if the forecast is still the same in 36 hours time it would be entirely sensible to call off early and wait for a much nicer spring evening.

There would appear to be a more concerted plan to call off meetings earlier so far this season..

Some will criticise if on the night at start time there isn't a cloud in the sky but from a business angle it's the right thing to do...

Many fans now steer clear of nights when it 'looks a bit dodgy' as most have felt ripped off in the past thru either paying for an abandoned meeting or watching riders going through the motions to get a meeting to the required heat to force a result...

Therefore calling off a meeting early and saving thousands in costs, which will never get recouped from a low crowd, has to be the right thing to do...

Especially as Speedway is now pretty much down to the die hards so every spectator counts..

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

There would appear to be a more concerted plan to call off meetings earlier so far this season..

Some will criticise if on the night at start time there isn't a cloud in the sky but from a business angle it's the right thing to do...

Many fans now steer clear of nights when it 'looks a bit dodgy' as most have felt ripped off in the past thru either paying for an abandoned meeting or watching riders going through the motions to get a meeting to the required heat to force a result...

Therefore calling off a meeting early and saving thousands in costs, which will never get recouped from a low crowd, has to be the right thing to do...

Especially as Speedway is now pretty much down to the die hards so every spectator counts..

Any prospects of rain that will count me out - not prepared to stand around waiting for the track to be bladed either - if in any doubt about the weather we won’t be attending. 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Haza said:

Any prospects of rain that will count me out - not prepared to stand around waiting for the track to be bladed either - if in any doubt about the weather we won’t be attending. 

We know!! 

• Sad 1

Well Haza is right blade the track and it won’t start till 9ish some of us have to go to work the next day  and are not prepared to throw good money at a poor situation maybe you are 

Yep I’m with Haza.  For  18 notes I at least want the chance of being entertained with decent racing.  Not watch Buster take off tones of slope with riders then working out if they fancy it or not.,  I guess I’m not as committed as the likes of Trees. If committed is the word. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Forecast  suggests a dry evening, but with almost constant rain until then I  can't see how a decent race track is going to be prepared. 

Track covers is the only answer but no one seems prepared to invest. 

At this rate we'll have a stockpile of meetings in September, not sure how they'll be fitted in withb only Monday and Wednesdays available... and 10th already taken!

52 minutes ago, semion said:

Yep I’m with Haza.  For  18 notes I at least want the chance of being entertained with decent racing.  Not watch Buster take off tones of slope with riders then working out if they fancy it or not.,  I guess I’m not as committed as the likes of Trees. If committed is the word. :rolleyes:

No wonder a couple of the riders got fed up with it and refused to ride etc.

Well I’m pleased to no others have to same thoughts about Wednesday night hopefully the weather will improve and the meeting will be on in good conditions on a dry night - not sure what your problem is Trees obviously you have nothing better to do than travel to Kings Lynn for nothing or watch a meeting in poor conditions- all I’m saying been see it and got the t- shirt the days of traveling and getting no meeting or a poor meeting in poor conditions are gone for me for £18 it needs have everything in place for a good nights entertainment admittedly that’s doesnt always follow but if there is any chance conditions or forecast rain for the night I won’t be attending . Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

No wonder a couple of the riders got fed up with it and refused to ride etc.

Not really sure what you are getting at as the night in question wasn't wet? 

It's off

BREAKING | WEDNESDAY OFF ☔️ No prospect of racing v Leicester this Wednesday - new date to follow.

Edited by Star Lady

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really sure what you are getting at as the night in question wasn't wet? 

Just commenting about past fiascos about keeping a meeting on when it should have been called off which happened more than once last season which seems to have put a lot of fans off as well as a couple of riders.

Edited by A ORLOV

Even Lynn FC's game this afternoon is off.Waterlogged pitch.

e69d09_4985102ce984492b81fbdfba1a2872c2~

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

It's off

BREAKING | WEDNESDAY OFF ☔️ No prospect of racing v Leicester this Wednesday - new date to follow.

Well that isn’t what we all wanted to hear but it’s far better to call off now than having a repeat of problems of the past - so we’ll done for making a early decision. 

• Like 3