British Speedway Forum

Tai is less likely to be involved now. He wanted the rights for it himself so he will deffo see his arse now and not ride. 

Stevie Worrall is part of team revolution so assume we can assume he is garunteed a place. 

I thought the whole fall out with Tai was the lack of professionalism and preparation which this should sort out.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought the whole fall out with Tai was the lack of professionalism and preparation which this should sort out.

Yeah, that's why he wanted to buy the rights. I hope he does come back but with team GB selling it to someone else I can see him saying sod it. But let's keep our fingers crossed that He does return. Because with it being a pairs event now, with woffy in we have a good chance of doing very well in it 

• Like 1

If Tai continues his stance then it shows to me exactly why he shouldn't have anything to do with running Team GB. He wanted a more professional outlook and it seems we will get that. Hopefully he will now come back and see first hand what this new group of people have up their sleeve. I'd hope they've already reached out to him.

Can't wait to see what happens if Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell decide that they want to run test matches during the league season. Which BSPA members will then be supportive if their riders are needed and which SCB /BSPA licensed tracks will host the test matches, if there is an in-house conflict of interest between BSPA members over releasing riders.

• Like 1

can't find a website with any details. OK it's just been announced, but come on, it's the National Team, so expected something

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Can't wait to see what happens if Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell decide that they want to run test matches during the league season. Which BSPA members will then be supportive if their riders are needed and which SCB /BSPA licensed tracks will host the test matches, if there is an in-house conflict of interest between BSPA members over releasing riders.

WOULD be hard to justify all this if GB have only one assured meeting ... the Nations Cup at Belle Vue.

They will want some money back from their investment ..... 

37 minutes ago, Trees said:

They will want some money back from their investment ..... 

IF they have actually put any hard cash in of course.

5 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Goodbye to "Team GB" - result! :D

Yes goodbye  "Team GB" hello " GB speedway team". Result

3 hours ago, full-throttle said:

can't find a website with any details....

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34086

The quote " The rebranded Great Britain Speedway Team has been taken over by VRX Motorsport, led by Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell, who have set up a dedicated team focused solely on making the national side the most accomplished and professional outfit in World Speedway.
" kind of doesn't tally up to only having best pairs meeting though does it? For all the investment (would love to know how and where the investment was made) 5 or 6 minutes of action around Belle Vue had better be worth it.

If they want to achieve their "sky high ambitions" and their desire to " re-establish Great Britain as a real force in World Speedway" they will need to prove competitively that they are up there with the best, and that has to mean taking on the other leading nations, and beating them.

So how is it going to work? Central Contracts for riders, mirroring what happens in Cricket and Rugby? A test series in the middle of summer and in the height of the season? A test match tour of Europe, taking on Denmark, Sweden and Poland on their own patches? (actually, Team GB would struggle against France Germany and Latvia at this stage, but one must remain optimistic) You can just imagine the uproar from BSPA promoters about having their assets stripped away from them, and their riders needed for internatioinal duty in the middle of the league season. I'd love for this to work, but we've not been given any information on how it's going to work.

The http://www.vrxmotorsport.com/ web site will need to be fleshed out with a lot more information about what's happening, rather than just providing a link to their parent Insurance Broking company (other insurance brokers are available) 

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1

Thanks UK, but that's the same link as in the first post.

If I was spending hundreds of thousands to run a NATIONAL team, I sure as hell would have a website in place for the launch.

As you found out youself the vrx website shows jack

very professional

7 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

If I was spending hundreds of thousands to run a NATIONAL team, I sure as hell would have a website in place for the launch.

Where do you get "hundreds of thousands" from?

I think people are reading too much into this. For me, if VXR can professionally market TeamGB (or whatever they are called) to sponsored and ensure the team is properly funded they have done a good job. The value of test matches in an era when the top riders race in all major leagues seems needless.