British Speedway Forum
thommo34

New Godden Engine

18 hours ago, ch958 said:

i have zero mechanical knowledge but i do know that expenses need slashing. Most supporters don't give a fig about engines, they just want to see good racing.

Whilst its very clear that costs need cutting perhaps a new engine on the market that is a competitive all rounder might be the answer to this? For those that do give a fig does anyone know anything additional about these Godden development motors or what then end goal is?

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Yes jonny the spud knows absolutely everything there is to know about them , 

He never said he did :blink: Just saying that they shouldn't be shot down before they've got started until everything is known about Godden's intention. 

• Like 1

Whilst a new, competitive engine (so far) is to be welcomed, is the way ahead regulation? I’m thinking for example, how British Superbike Racing has engine regulations and specifications to keep the racing as fair as possible (therefore entertaining) and keeping costs down. I bow to superior knowledge of course :)

4 hours ago, adonis said:

Yes jonny the spud knows absolutely everything there is to know about them , 

Now now. You’ve already made yourself look a dïck on the Swindon stadium thread, you’ve were asked to back up your statements with proof yesterday and you were forced to admit you made it up. 

At no point did I say I know it all, I just suggested that as you were on the internet maybe do a little research before shooting something down and criticising it. 

Youve already made yourself look a fool fool but now there’s no need to lie as well. 

Maybe you need a lie down ? 

Edited by Jonny the spud

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He never said he did :blink: Just saying that they shouldn't be shot down before they've got started until everything is known about Godden's intention. 

Agree. We don't know what the cost or service intervals are going to be yet.. Maybe Godden don't know that themselves yet ?. I guess that's what testing is for. 

Is Adam just using Godden's as I have seen a photo on Scott's twitter page of a PJR GM. Therefore, is Adam being the "guinea pig" for the testing & for finding out when servicing is required?

Adam and Scott will be using them at various meetings throughout the season. It’s a work in progress and early signs are very good and