British Speedway Forum
jenga

WORKINGTON V GLASGOW. league cup. SATURDAY 7th . 7.00pm

tight meeting for workington outcome unknown . food will be better , racing better still .

pray for a nice warm night and lots of travelling fans . but just to remind Glasgow fans , you have to pay to get in !.

not too sure of any riding order .so i will leave it for someone else .

bring a mate .

lal bickley looks good , dan even better and our k10 rider was really good last meeting . 

ps . we have exrta tapes sorted for the jumpers ..

Comfortable away win, Sarj to run riot and the catering situation to be unrecognisably better.

• Like 1

Do any of the Workie locals know any campsites in or near the Workington area? 

I can only find Gale Brow campsite but you need to be a member of the camping and caravan association to stay there. 

Going to try and combine going to away meetings with some camping this season, so any help would be appreciated. 

Its 50-50 regarding this weekend (will check weather) but definitely for the league meeting. 

depends how far away you want to camp

if you believe the promotors they were wanting to switch to wednesdays and get all the tourists from the lake district about 40 miles away

couple of campsites around keswick area popular with tourists roughly id say around 20 miles away

id not be camping up this end of country this time of year

it can be wet and cold mid summer never mind april

31 minutes ago, thetiger2799 said:

I can only find Gale Brow campsite but you need to be a member of the camping and caravan association to stay there. 

Going to try and combine going to away meetings with some camping this season, so any help would be appreciated. 

Its 50-50 regarding this weekend (will check weather) but definitely for the league meeting. 

Do you really want to be camping in this weather.

or pay the Glasgow riders more to lose !

so how are your new 1 to 7 going any how , or should that be 6 ?

1 hour ago, thetiger2799 said:

why dont you ring up the worky promotion and ask if you can use the car park , get there soon , pitch in and you are sorted . there are even hot food and drinks available 20 yds away .

On the International Forum, I noticed Racers & Royals has listed Chris Harris at no.5 in the Pila side to race at Rybnik on Saturday :unsure:

6 hours ago, cyclone said:

On the International Forum, I noticed Racers & Royals has listed Chris Harris at no.5 in the Pila side to race at Rybnik on Saturday :unsure:

Be interesting to see what happens here if he is in Poland then NL guest only which i am sure will impact on travelling fans.

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

Be interesting to see what happens here if he is in Poland then NL guest only which i am sure will impact on travelling fans.

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

This is what is wrong with this sport'season not even started and we don't know who is riding where,surely the Tigers website should say if Harris is not avialable on Sat, so we assume he will be at Workington.Or will he!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

This is what is wrong with this sport'season not even started and we don't know who is riding where,surely the Tigers website should say if Harris is not avialable on Sat, so we assume he will be at Workington.Or will he!!!!!

Fan's always the last to know obviously the

team must be known as we have to submit our line up to Workington. 

Thing is this could have a real impact on gate reciepts on the Workington promotion through no fault of there own.

Do people really want to travel 3 hours and spend the guts of £100 to watch a NL guest riding as a heat leader if Harris is indeed riding in Poland.

This hasn't been confirmed he will not be there yet so team line ups once published should confirm. 

Edited by Gazc