British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

Coatbridge 1976

I'm attempting to consolidate the Tigers' averages with those published in the Speedway Star review. Can anyone provide definitive answers to any of the following queries? I've exhausted all available online sources. All fixtures are Coatbridge aways:

17th April at Berwick - Heat 2: reason for Derek Richardson exclusion plus confirm number of rides taken by Doug Templeton

16th May at Workington - Heat 3: reason for Mick McKeon replacing Doug Templeton (tapes, 2 mins or other)

27th May at Oxford - Heat 6: reason for Mick McKeon replacing Doug Templeton (tapes, 2 mins or other)

30th May at Workington: Confirm number of rides taken by Derek Richardson and Mick McKeon

7th September at Ellesmere Port - Heat 11: reason for Brian Collins exclusion (tapes or 2 mins)

Edited by daveallan81
updated requirements

Hi Dave

I can help you out with the following:

27 May at Oxford - Richardson rides in heats 1, 5, 8, 10, 11 & 13

30 May at Workington- Rourke rides in heats 8 & 11, Richardson in heats 3 ,5, 7, 10 & 13, McKeon in heats 2, 4, 8, 9

3 July at Canterbury - Rourke rides in heats 2 ,4 ,8,12, Gallacher in heats 1, 5 ,11

4 July at Eastbourne - Rourke rides in heats 2 & 4, Gallacher in heats 1, 5, 11

7 July at Midenhall - Rourke rides in heats 2, 4, 8, 11, Gallacher in heats 1 & 5

The above details are taken from the heat details published in the Speedway Mail - hope they help.

I can't help with the 1974 information - but can confirm that Dawson was recorded as last in heat 12 and whilst Wilson (2nd) and Argall (4th) were noted as riding in heat 10 in the away meeting at Boston in 1975.  No mention of any tapes exclusion in the heat details published in the Speedway Mail.

Steve

Thanks Steve. How does the Mail report stack up against the Star results below?

Also updated above queries, can you confirm rides/heats taken by Doug Templeton at Berwick?

Rourke replacing Gallacher in heat 11 at Mildenhall consolidates both averages so you may need to update your season file.

oxford.jpg

Edited by daveallan81

Hi Dave

Here's the Berwick info you need:

Doug Templeton rode in heats 3, 7, 10 & 13 - Per Speedway Mail

I checked the heat results from the Speedway Mail for the Oxford away meeting and these correspond with the heat details you have posted above.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Templeton only rode in 8 meetings but I'm two rides short. I'm convinced one of them is in the KOC tie at Workington but I've run out of options for the others. Highly frustrating.

I'm also one ride too many for Collins (which looks like that Ellesmere Port match where he is only afforded (exc) with no reason in the report), Richardson is two rides too many - one looks like heat 2 at Berwick, and the other I was convinced was going to be with McKeon (1 ride short) at Workington but not according to what you posted.

Rourke and Gallagher resolved each other at Mildenhall.

The averages in the Coatbridge programmes track all of these errors so they must be traceable.