British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees v Stoke 8-4-18 3pm ( At Leicester).

I'm expecting Bees to be back to full strength with Connor Mountain and Luke Ruddick in the side after both missed the away trip to Belle Vue.

What your expectations Stoke fans?

Bees have to win these meetings if they are to stand any chance although at this stage there isn't any 'home' advantage.

The most interesting thing about this meeting could be what sort of crowd will turn up? How many Bees fans, Leicester fans and neutrals will come along? 

300-350 Is around the breakeven figure.

Co-incidence - the first Post-War match at Brandon was against Stoke. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Co-incidence - the first Post-War match at Brandon was against Stoke. 

Was Tony Atkin riding?   (Joking love you Tony)

2 hours ago, adonis said:

Dave Tattum is about as popular as Mick Horton although it has to be said Tattums unpopularity is totally self inflicted , so the crowd will be boosted by about 10 travelling potters .approx 50% of their home crowd , the lack of any sort of speedway action at Leicester  due to the weather could well boost the crowd by a few . some inquisitive about the NL Bees , and some who cannot do midweek Leicester and still want to see racing , my guess they wont break even 

Think 300 is attainable for most fixtures plus no doubt an increase in attendance when Cradley and Birmingham visit will certainly help.

Also when Mildenhall aren't riding I suspect you may see a few make the trip to Leicester with 3 ex riders involved. 

Forecast for Sunday has improved in the last 24 hours. Hopefully stays dry!

Edited by Woz01

What was the crowd like ?

i am hoping the bees fans back the move to Leicester as a temporary home

About 350 I would guess, which considering the weather (rained all the way through) is pretty good and it will only get better once the sun starts shining and word gets around about how good the racing is. Really enjoyed it and all credit to the lads who got stuck in  despite the rain and tricky track to produce some great racing which was on a par to any PL match I've been to. 

• Like 4

Yep probably on par with What Mick Horton said was break even, you can add a few more to that when weather improves. Decent meeting despite the conditions, if it was a premiership meeting I doubt it wouldve got that far. Fair play to all the riders for keeping it going.

• Like 4

:DVery positive start to the bees season in not the best conditions ,  the whole team looked competitive . Taking into account most bees riders having very limited track time at this venue ,once they are settled in I'm sure coventry will have a good season.  

Edited by Smoggy45

Seen on Social Media that the meeting was concluded in 75 minutes. Whilst congratulating all those involved I feel that finishing at 8-45 at senior level is a bit too early for my liking. 

5 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Seen on Social Media that the meeting was concluded in 75 minutes. Whilst congratulating all those involved I feel that finishing at 8-45 at senior level is a bit too early for my liking. 

That's a fair comment in good weather but in the cold and constant drizzle I for one was pleased the meeting flowed and was completed.  

was the buggy in operation to take people who can't make the walk up to the track from the clubhouse?  reason i'm asking is we'd like to make the trip up next sunday only my friend has still got wrist and ankle injuries after a fall. if it will be used for bees fixtures can anyone let me know if it has to be pre-booked or you just turn up and wait your turn , many thanks.

26 minutes ago, gee jay said:

was the buggy in operation to take people who can't make the walk up to the track from the clubhouse?  reason i'm asking is we'd like to make the trip up next sunday only my friend has still got wrist and ankle injuries after a fall. if it will be used for bees fixtures can anyone let me know if it has to be pre-booked or you just turn up and wait your turn , many thanks.

Seen it being driven around yesterday by someone with people in it so think it is but would maybe call Leicester to confirm 

Edited by mac101