British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees v Stoke 8-4-18 3pm ( At Leicester).

2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Seen on Social Media that the meeting was concluded in 75 minutes. Whilst congratulating all those involved I feel that finishing at 8-45 at senior level is a bit too early for my liking. 

Bear in mind that yesterday's meeting took place in deteriorating rainy conditions - although the rules in 2018 dictate meetings should be completed more quickly than before, yesterday may well have been particularly speedy to try and ensure completion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Seen on Social Media that the meeting was concluded in 75 minutes. Whilst congratulating all those involved I feel that finishing at 8-45 at senior level is a bit too early for my liking. 

I don't think you will have to worry about the PL matches finishing that quick! It rained all the way through so the sensible thing to do was get a move on if the match was to be completed.  Well done to all involved. If it had been a PL match we would have been waiting around in the rain to see if the riders were going to come out for the next race ~ an hour's delay to see if the rain would ease off ~ then home soaking wet after seeing 10 heats .........if we're lucky.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, gee jay said:

was the buggy in operation to take people who can't make the walk up to the track from the clubhouse?  reason i'm asking is we'd like to make the trip up next sunday only my friend has still got wrist and ankle injuries after a fall. if it will be used for bees fixtures can anyone let me know if it has to be pre-booked or you just turn up and wait your turn , many thanks.

Yes it was going. Just turn up, there aren't usually many waiting.......if any. 

Edited by Gemini

7 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Bear in mind that yesterday's meeting took place in deteriorating rainy conditions - although the rules in 2018 dictate meetings should be completed more quickly than before, yesterday may well have been particularly speedy to try and ensure completion.

i honestly thought it would be called at heat 10, but this was NL and they just want to ride i guess.

i thought everyone did well to ride, and well done to everyone for keeping it all moving at a good pace

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mac101 said:

Seen it being driven around yesterday by someone with people in it so think it is but would maybe call Leicester to confirm 

thank you mac , will do to make sure.

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

Yes it was going. Just turn up, there aren't usually many waiting.......if any. 

thank you also , gemini.

• Like 1

Very positve comments from fans that went to the meeting. Hopefully better weather next Sunday and a few more pop along, Eastbourne will be a much sterner test.

• Like 1