British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

So we roll on to next week and another attempt to start our season. Pirates travel to Leicester for our first league meeting of the season. A very tough fixture for both clubs, who are expected to be two of the playoff teams.

Leicester look a very good team and their fans and promotion will be expecting to win this one. They have already had a meeting at home where they saw off a fairly determined Somerset side, and the look of the lions side is impressive.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Krystian Pieszczek 6.5

3. Danny King 6.66

4. Michael Palm-Toft

5. Hans Andersen  7.75

6. Kyle Newman 4.86

7. James Sarjeant  2.56

1. Brady Kurtz 8.08

2. Josh Grajczonek 7.34

3. Kacper Woryna 4.65

4. Linus Sundstrom 7.22 

5. Peter Kildemand.

6. Mateusz Szczepaniak 4.54

7. James Shanes  2.88

Should be a really good meeting and these two could easily be in the playoff final. Both Newman and Andersen will be wanting to put one over their old club, and Vaculik, King and Pieszczek are quick guys.

let’s hope the weather plays fair and we are treated to something a bit special.

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So we roll on to next week and another attempt to start our season. Pirates travel to Leicester for our first league meeting of the season. A very tough fixture for both clubs, who are expected to be two of the playoff teams.

Leicester look a very good team and their fans and promotion will be expecting to win this one. They have already had a meeting at home where they saw off a fairly determined Somerset side, and the look of the lions side is impressive.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Krystian Pieszczek 6.5

3. Danny King 6.66

4. Michael Palm-Toft

5. Hans Andersen  7.75

6. Kyle Newman 4.86

7. James Sarjeant  2.56

1. Brady Kurtz 8.08

2. Josh Grajczonek 7.34

3. Kacper Woryna 4.65

4. Linus Sundstrom 7.22 

5. Peter Kildemand.

6. Mateusz Szczepaniak 4.54

7. James Shanes  2.88

Should be a really good meeting and these two could easily be in the playoff final. Both Newman and Andersen will be wanting to put one over their old club, and Vaculik, King and Pieszczek are quick guys.

let’s hope the weather plays fair and we are treated to something a bit special.

Thoughts?

Glad to see Lions have done the sensible thing & have replaced Bates with Palm-Toft, until he's fit. R/R instead of Bates was making us look a bit weak, but Palm Toft gives us a bit more strength. Did think with R/R, Poole would have been favourites, but now should be much closer. Need plenty of dry weather between now & Monday though to get this on.

This could be very close. Or Leicester could throw down the gauntlet to the league and give us a whopping. Very tough meeting to predict. 

Although Poole are favourites to finish top, there are places like Leicester and Rye House where any team will struggle to come away with anything. I shall be there regardless, and hope to see the wider Leicestertrack produce better racing than I have see on my previous visits.

palm toff looks a very good replacement for bates i think a home win on the cards here . kyle will want to prove a point or two . it would have been a nice start to the season if it had been a tv meeting

Should be a walk in the park for the magnificent 7 really.

Pooles 1 and 2 should outscore Leicesters and although Poole look weaker at the number 3 spot they have a superstar Pole in reserve who should easily outscore Newman. Could depend on how Sundstrom goes against Palm Toft.

You would think this should be Poole by 10

• Like 2

Early season. Could be close. 4 points either way ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

Honestly, this has 'home win' written all over it!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Honestly, this has 'home win' written all over it!!

Yes more than likely that will be the case. 

Have Spanner and Woryna ridden there? Me and Rob going up regardless, weather permitting.

13 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Depends who is team manager with Middlo away?

When they rode at Swindon with Middlo not available once Matt took over.

As long as its not Jim Lynch the boys should be motivated enough.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Just shows you if middleditch is away manager not that important in speedway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes more than likely that will be the case. 

Have Spanner and Woryna ridden there? Me and Rob going up regardless, weather permitting.

Lets hope this is on Steve..

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Should be a walk in the park for the magnificent 7 really.

Pooles 1 and 2 should outscore Leicesters and although Poole look weaker at the number 3 spot they have a superstar Pole in reserve who should easily outscore Newman. Could depend on how Sundstrom goes against Palm Toft.

You would think this should be Poole by 10

I hope your right, but i doubt our boys will take it for granted.

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Just shows you if middleditch is away manager not that important in speedway

Matt will be managing the team I should think.

• Like 1