British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Will be an early season shock if Poole fail to win this one. The hot favourites for the league are clear favourites to win this when you match the sides up.

Vaculik v Kurtz.....................If Kurtz has pretensions of being a real number one he should be looking to outscore Vaculik who has no experience of racing over here.

Pieszczek v Josh...............same here. Josh was a number one last season now up against a young Pole , if Josh doesnt win this battle i will be stunned.

King v Woryna...............only real area i can see Poole struggling, King should have to much for Woryna.

Palm Toft v Sundstrom..............Sundstrom on the cusp of being a gp rider should be able to take care of MPT

Hans v Kildemand...............Hans on the downgrade against a GP rider in Kildemand who should do well. If Holder had of been riding i would have fancied Hans here.

Newman v Saucepan............a rider like Saucepan smashing it in Poland should have to much for Newman though could be close.

Sarj v Shanes................if sarj avoids the tapes could be close but you would say Shanes is the better rider.

Cant see how any side can even get close to the magnificent 7 this season and once the Poles find their feet Poole might not even lose a match they are that good.

Poole by 10 in this

how can you compare rider by rider , when Leicester have had one challenge match, and Poole have had no matches, there's no form to go on, I would worry about why did Ipswich lose at home last night, now run along there's a good chap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Are Poole a better side than Somerset???

Yes and Somerset went to Leicester and lost by only 2 points. 

On that basis you should win at Leicester or are you saying that Somerset are a better side than Poole?

If Poole dont win, and Somerset can get within 2 points, then i would say thats a poor result for Poole. 

Maybe Somerset riders are better at the Leicester track than the Poole riders are? Anyway you don't actually think Poole will win you are just saying that so if Poole lose you can just say we are rubbish. Bit sad really!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well this will go ahead so will be the first meeting for the team. Better news is they have all had some laps under their belt now, albeit training meetings in Poland. Shanesy has ridden for Sheffield so we won’t be going into this meeting as raw as we could have.

Don’t believe anyone will come away from Leicester with a win this season. They are challengers and should be untouchable at home if they want to be taken seriously for the title.

As long as we show some of the famous fighting spirit which was lacking last season, I shall be happy.

Shanes rides at Eastbourne in the u21 semi tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Somerset riders are better at the Leicester track than the Poole riders are? Anyway you don't actually think Poole will win you are just saying that so if Poole lose you can just say we are rubbish. Bit sad really!

Your right he is on win win situation ?

Not sure about the match ups - as the riding order will be different?

Think the teams will line up as follows .... ?? correct me if I am wrong ....

Vaculik   v   Kurtz - Has to be Kurtz given his form around BP 0-1

Palm Toft   v   Woryna - Palm Toft given his form and BP 1-1

King   v   Grajzconek - Not much in it so 1 pt each 2-2

Pieszczek   v   Sundstrom - KP flying last week Sundstrom never been to BP ? 3-2

Andersen   v   Kildemand - HA shades it given experience at BP  4-2

Sarjeant   v   Shanes - Shanes for me as not sure about Sarj yet  4-3

Newman   v   Szczepaniak - Should be Newman at BP 5-3

Pooles match depends upon the two Poles Woryna who can go well and Saucepan who if he goes well can score from reserve

Lions win for me though by 6 points on the night.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well you didn't specify what year it had to be! :D

So it's just Poole in 2018 then. :P

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gavan doesn’t seem to understand home advantage, or the fact four of our riders have never ridden this track in its current shape.

We will finish top this season I am confident enough to say, but Leicester along with Rye have teams to go unbeaten at home this year.

How do Leicester have home advantage?? The track has been altered and they have a number one who has ridden his home track less than half the Poole side.

Poole's to lose without question. 

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

How do Leicester have home advantage?? The track has been altered and they have a number one who has ridden his home track less than half the Poole side.

How have half the Poole team ridden more than Martin when your clearly state the track has been 'altered' it will be new for the whole Poole team!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

How have half the Poole team ridden more than Martin when your clearly state the track has been 'altered' it will be new for the whole Poole team!

Stevebrum is doing a Gavan. When Leicester win, which is more than likely, both will come on here and say Poole chocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

But imo they are still beatable mate..;)

Don't know were people are getting the idea that the track has been altered from. The alterations were done at the end of the 2016 season, not the end of 2017 season. I think the only planned track work for the winter this year, if I remember rightly was to smooth out the track, but I don't know if that ever got done, especially with the terrible winter we had. So for the Poole riders who rode here last season, they will find the track no different.

10 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Not sure about the match ups - as the riding order will be different?

Think the teams will line up as follows .... ?? correct me if I am wrong ....

Vaculik   v   Kurtz - Has to be Kurtz given his form around BP 0-1

Palm Toft   v   Woryna - Palm Toft given his form and BP 1-1

King   v   Grajzconek - Not much in it so 1 pt each 2-2

Pieszczek   v   Sundstrom - KP flying last week Sundstrom never been to BP ? 3-2

Andersen   v   Kildemand - HA shades it given experience at BP  4-2

Sarjeant   v   Shanes - Shanes for me as not sure about Sarj yet  4-3

Newman   v   Szczepaniak - Should be Newman at BP 5-3

Pooles match depends upon the two Poles Woryna who can go well and Saucepan who if he goes well can score from reserve

Lions win for me though by 6 points on the night.

Cheers

Szczepaniak is a real gater unlike Kyle, so as long as he doesn't fall off Mateusz could be a trump card - BUT I still feel its a home win!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Szczepaniak is a real gater unlike Kyle, so as long as he doesn't fall off Mateusz could be a trump card - BUT I still feel its a home win!!

I think they are beatable mate, its a case of horses for courses, and Boss it...Ideally, we could have done with a home meeting first to give the boys a bit of confidence, but even if we lose on monday its not the end of the world, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.. ease ourselves in.

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stevebrum is doing a Gavan. When Leicester win, which is more than likely, both will come on here and say Poole chocked.

Of course they will mate, because they want us beat. Fantastic position to be in..

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Read Stevethelion's post mate. he has it right.