British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

Probably as good as time as ever, for any team to be  pitched against Poole.  Once they are dialled in,  it  would be a formality. 

Still think this will be a walk in the park, with the result secured by heat 13.     Poole are that strong.    40-50  at least..,,

This team could potentially do what Ipswich did in 1998, who of course had the sports first proper ringer in Tomasz Gollob. Can't see anybody getting anywhere near Poole at WR and its going to take a very, very good side on top of their game to stop them winning away matches. Certainly shouldn't be a reflection on any team how they fare against the Pirates and a much better gauge will be their other matches as the rest of the league looks pretty evenly matched.

39-51.

Such is the strength of this  Poole side,   it has ridiculed the league as a competition.    In there blinded wisdom of allowing out of date averages,  the BSPA has all but destroyed the equality a league needs to be respectable.     My plan for the coming season is to accept  Poole's dominance and forget about them.    In my mind the competition is about the remaining 7 teams.  These are all of a similar standard where the results will be  based on the racing seen on the track and not some out of date ruling that only provides loopholes for those looking to pull a fast one..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If on       i think it will be a very close home win it will be very interesting to see how this Poole team beds in.On  the forum there seems to be two lines of thought on how the Pirates will fare this year    1/ some feel there are question marks in the team     2/ Poole will steamroller everybody not so sure myself they will be an exciting team to watch.I think if they bring Smektala in in June would he be a 5 ? that would seal it for the Pirates a real talent it would be great to see him ride over here 

26 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looks like the weather will win this one now.

Yes it looks like its all gone Pete Tong yet again. Met office shows light rain late afternoon getting heavier as the evening progresses. Looks like it could be a wasted journey but we will have a better idea tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If on       i think it will be a very close home win it will be very interesting to see how this Poole team beds in.On  the forum there seems to be two lines of thought on how the Pirates will fare this year    1/ some feel there are question marks in the team     2/ Poole will steamroller everybody not so sure myself they will be an exciting team to watch.I think if they bring Smektala in in June would he be a 5 ? that would seal it for the Pirates a real talent it would be great to see him ride over here 

Bring in Smektala in place of who?

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it looks like its all gone Pete Tong yet again. Met office shows light rain late afternoon getting heavier as the evening progresses. Looks like it could be a wasted journey but we will have a better idea tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed it changes! Will be my first visit to Leicester.

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Such is the strength of this  Poole side,   it has ridiculed the league as a competition.    In there blinded wisdom of allowing out of date averages,  the BSPA has all but destroyed the equality a league needs to be respectable.     My plan for the coming season is to accept  Poole's dominance and forget about them.    In my mind the competition is about the remaining 7 teams.  These are all of a similar standard where the results will be  based on the racing seen on the track and not some out of date ruling that only provides loopholes for those looking to pull a fast one..

All clubs have the same chance to sign riders as any other clubs  if they chose not to do so for whatever reason that’s up to them it’s not Poole fault that rider want to ride for them surely? ask any young footballers that doesn’t want to play for Man United for instance. I’m perhaps missing something but are Poole really that much stronger than the rest of the league ? as for someone saying they could do an Ipswich what they did in 98 I’d be amazed if they did - yes Poole have a good side as they do most years I’d expect nothing less . 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

That's a very good point. And it's evident then that Leicester have no home track advantage as was previously mentioned. 

Not at all, your point that Leicester have home advantage is complete nonsense.  A new reshaped track disproves your theory.

We all agree then that Leicester have no home track advantage as it's a new reshaped track. Poole to win with comfort. 

Reshaped track? When was that done?

• Like 1

Rained all the way through this afternoon's NL match so the track was very tricky. Really don't need any more rain tonight or tomorrow if the meeting is to go ahead. Hopefully the forecast is wrong.

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Reshaped track? When was that done?

Must of been in the last fortnight then,  because I attended press & practice day plus the Somerset match and it looked just the same to me :unsure:

• Haha 1

Forecast has gone bad. Not looking very good for this to go ahead. Rain tomorrow during the day light and patchy with heavy rain sweeping in during the evening.

Most if not all neutrals are waiting with baited breath praying that Leicester beat Poole, just to throw it back to SS about his Poole team being streets ahead of any other.

Leicester to sneak it 46-44

• Like 2