British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

True! But they do exist.

I think we have had some pretty reliable Polish Riders over the years. 

15 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Must of been in the last fortnight then,  because I attended press & practice day plus the Somerset match and it looked just the same to me :unsure:

They don't muck around, these new promoters at Leicester:D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

Off, No 6 !!! 

Yep, getting rediculous this..

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not looking good for tonight at all. Hoping for an early decision.

I thought you hated early call offs Steve :P

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I thought you hated early call offs Steve :P

Not if I have a wasted 7 hour round trip.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not if I have a wasted 7 hour round trip.

So you only complain if your not inconvenienced then.:P

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Has anyone said that?

I think Poole will struggle at Wolves but Poole are favourites to win at Leicester. If Poole lose this it will be a shock

To you maybe. 

• Like 1

How much did the Coventry match contribute to this call-off? With the current weather and the forecast for some rain later (but not a lot, perhaps) the Poole match might have been 50/50 and called off anyway but I think yesterday may have fully put the kybosh on things and made track prep impossible.

I'm not sure if the Leicester management has any control over Coventry matches. Probably a completely separate arrangement with the stadium landlord but maybe with track machinery and equipment hired from Leicester?

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I'm not sure if the Leicester management has any control over Coventry matches. Probably a completely separate arrangement with the stadium landlord but maybe with track machinery and equipment hired from Leicester?

The NL riders are more likely to ride in wet conditions though..

• Like 2

On 06/04/2018 at 1:31 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Well this will go ahead so will be the first meeting for the team. Better news is they have all had some laps under their belt now, albeit training meetings in Poland. Shanesy has ridden for Sheffield so we won’t be going into this meeting as raw as we could have.

Don’t believe anyone will come away from Leicester with a win this season. They are challengers and should be untouchable at home if they want to be taken seriously for the title.

As long as we show some of the famous fighting spirit which was lacking last season, I shall be happy.

Fresh seaweed required  I think.:)

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

How much did the Coventry match contribute to this call-off? With the current weather and the forecast for some rain later (but not a lot, perhaps) the Poole match might have been 50/50 and called off anyway but I think yesterday may have fully put the kybosh on things and made track prep impossible.

Nothing is the answer. If you live in Leicester you will know that it started raining at 12.30pm and hasn't stopped since so it was a good decision to call this off early. The fact there was racing on the circuit yesterday makes no difference to the amount of rain that's fallen.  It would still be soaking wet if the track had stood empty all day and you can't prepare it when it's chucking it down with rain. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Nothing is the answer. If you live in Leicester you will know that it started raining at 12.30pm and hasn't stopped since so it was a good decision to call this off early. The fact there was racing on the circuit yesterday makes no difference to the amount of rain that's fallen.  It would still be soaking wet if the track had stood empty all day and you can't prepare it when it's chucking it down with rain. 

Yes with this afternoon's rain it had no chance regardless. We will never know whether or not it would have gone ahead tonight if today had stayed dry.