British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes more than likely that will be the case. 

Have Spanner and Woryna ridden there? Me and Rob going up regardless, weather permitting.

Woryna at Leicester 27/6/2016 3,0,2,0,2,0 = 7 riding at no.6

6/8/2016 3,1,0,2*,2,0 = 8+1 again riding at no.6

Thats not too bad.

9 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Woryna at Leicester 27/6/2016 3,0,2,0,2,0 = 7 riding at no.6

6/8/2016 3,1,0,2*,2,0 = 8+1 again riding at no.6

Thats not too bad.

Good stuff and he is a better rider since then. However the track has changed shape.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So we roll on to next week and another attempt to start our season. Pirates travel to Leicester for our first league meeting of the season. A very tough fixture for both clubs, who are expected to be two of the playoff teams.

Leicester look a very good team and their fans and promotion will be expecting to win this one. They have already had a meeting at home where they saw off a fairly determined Somerset side, and the look of the lions side is impressive.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Krystian Pieszczek 6.5

3. Danny King 6.66

4. Michael Palm-Toft

5. Hans Andersen  7.75

6. Kyle Newman 4.86

7. James Sarjeant  2.56

1. Brady Kurtz 8.08

2. Josh Grajczonek 7.34

3. Kacper Woryna 4.65

4. Linus Sundstrom 7.22 

5. Peter Kildemand.

6. Mateusz Szczepaniak 4.54

7. James Shanes  2.88

Should be a really good meeting and these two could easily be in the playoff final. Both Newman and Andersen will be wanting to put one over their old club, and Vaculik, King and Pieszczek are quick guys.

let’s hope the weather plays fair and we are treated to something a bit special.

Thoughts?

here's my thoughts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good stuff and he is a better rider since then. However the track has changed shape.

If he's a better rider, then why hasn't his average been adjusted to reflect this?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If he's a better rider, then why hasn't his average been adjusted to reflect this?

Because he has an official average from when he rode for Coventry.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

here's my thoughts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You're a weird one. If you have no interest why are you on the thread?!! :blink:

Sorry SS but you are attracting some right strange people on here atm!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because he has an official average from when he rode for Coventry.

I'll point out again that Jonsson had an official average when he came back to Lakeside but it was reduced by the BSPA because he was no longer as good a rider as when he got that average. 

Can you not see a precedent there that should be applied for reassessing riders who's form has improved or deteriorated during their absence? Governing bodies are supposed to be consistent in the application of their rules otherwise the system is unfair and lacks credibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Poole win, ditto every meeting. Anything less is a choke. 41-49

Just now, Aces51 said:

I'll point out again that Jonsson had an official average when he came back to Lakeside but it was reduced by the BSPA because he was no longer as good a rider as when he got that average. 

Can you not see a precedent there that should be applied for reassessing riders who's form has improved or deteriorated during their absence? Governing bodies are supposed to be consistent in the application of their rules otherwise the system is unfair and lacks credibility.

It only works one way in Poole. 

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It only works one way in Poole. 

Yes cos only Poole have benefitted from this! Do me a favour, you getting a bit anti more than Gavan. Is the weather getting you down Steve, as you seem a bit obsessed with it atm!! :lol:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes cos only Poole have benefitted from this! Do me a favour, you getting a bit anti more than Gavan. Is the weather getting you down Steve, as you seem a bit obsessed with it atm!! :lol:

Who else have,  care to name them???? If you can. :lol:

I think the whole UK speedway nation is obsessed with the weather right now.-_-

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Who else have,  care to name them???? If you can. :lol:

I think the whole UK speedway nation is obsessed with the weather right now.-_-

What weather lovely in Poole today sun shinning . seriously though let's hope the speedway season can start .I think Leicester will win this one with home advantage 

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

What weather lovely in Poole today sun shinning . seriously though let's hope the speedway season can start .I think Leicester will win this one with home advantage 

Let's hope the weather is now starting to get better! 

• Like 1

I’m told that former Glasgow man Stewart Dickson has been invited to deputise for Middlo at this meeting.

• Like 1