British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole SGB Premiership A. 9/4/18

5 hours ago, ray c said:

i see palm toff had a good meeting last night for peterborough . he could make it harder for us to get anything out of this meeting ?

One thing you get with MPT is 100% effort. Good rider for his average. No doubt he will be out to impress. This could be a tight one, with it being the start of the season. Also don't think your Poles have seen the track before? 

Maybe 4 points in it either way ?

With the pants weather we've had I hope theres a big crowd and some good safe racing.

• Like 1

Well this will go ahead so will be the first meeting for the team. Better news is they have all had some laps under their belt now, albeit training meetings in Poland. Shanesy has ridden for Sheffield so we won’t be going into this meeting as raw as we could have.

Don’t believe anyone will come away from Leicester with a win this season. They are challengers and should be untouchable at home if they want to be taken seriously for the title.

As long as we show some of the famous fighting spirit which was lacking last season, I shall be happy.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

And 2018?? :P

Well you didn't specify what year it had to be! :D

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well this will go ahead so will be the first meeting for the team. Better news is they have all had some laps under their belt now, albeit training meetings in Poland. Shanesy has ridden for Sheffield so we won’t be going into this meeting as raw as we could have.

Don’t believe anyone will come away from Leicester with a win this season. They are challengers and should be untouchable at home if they want to be taken seriously for the title.

As long as we show some of the famous fighting spirit which was lacking last season, I shall be happy.

Don't think you can guarantee this one going ahead, weather is very changeable at the moment.

Will be an early season shock if Poole fail to win this one. The hot favourites for the league are clear favourites to win this when you match the sides up.

Vaculik v Kurtz.....................If Kurtz has pretensions of being a real number one he should be looking to outscore Vaculik who has no experience of racing over here.

Pieszczek v Josh...............same here. Josh was a number one last season now up against a young Pole , if Josh doesnt win this battle i will be stunned.

King v Woryna...............only real area i can see Poole struggling, King should have to much for Woryna.

Palm Toft v Sundstrom..............Sundstrom on the cusp of being a gp rider should be able to take care of MPT 

Hans v Kildemand...............Hans on the downgrade against a GP rider in Kildemand who should do well. If Holder had of been riding i would have fancied Hans here.

Newman v Saucepan............a rider like Saucepan smashing it in Poland should have to much for Newman though could be close.

Sarj v Shanes................if sarj avoids the tapes could be close but you would say Shanes is the better rider.

Cant see how any side can even get close to the magnificent 7 this season and once the Poles find their feet Poole might not even lose a match they are that good.

Poole by 10 in this

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Will be an early season shock if Poole fail to win this one. The hot favourites for the league are clear favourites to win this when you match the sides up.

Vaculik v Kurtz.....................If Kurtz has pretensions of being a real number one he should be looking to outscore Vaculik who has no experience of racing over here.

Pieszczek v Josh...............same here. Josh was a number one last season now up against a young Pole , if Josh doesnt win this battle i will be stunned.

King v Woryna...............only real area i can see Poole struggling, King should have to much for Woryna.

Palm Toft v Sundstrom..............Sundstrom on the cusp of being a gp rider should be able to take care of MPT 

Hans v Kildemand...............Hans on the downgrade against a GP rider in Kildemand who should do well. If Holder had of been riding i would have fancied Hans here.

Newman v Saucepan............a rider like Saucepan smashing it in Poland should have to much for Newman though could be close.

Sarj v Shanes................if sarj avoids the tapes could be close but you would say Shanes is the better rider.

Cant see how any side can even get close to the magnificent 7 this season and once the Poles find their feet Poole might not even lose a match they are that good.

Poole by 10 in this

Good honest fair post

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole by 10 in this

Think you maybe wrong on this one dont think we will get a point home advantage . hope I'm wrong 

18 minutes ago, ray c said:

Think you maybe wrong on this one dont think we will get a point home advantage . hope I'm wrong 

Gavan doesn’t seem to understand home advantage, or the fact four of our riders have never ridden this track in its current shape.

We will finish top this season I am confident enough to say, but Leicester along with Rye have teams to go unbeaten at home this year.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Poole by 10 in this

Very funny we won't win this one, Vaculik is a better rider than Kurtz, the young pole has been flying and so has Palm Toft, Hans top scored last meeting and Newman flies round the Leicester track, on top of that they are at home.

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Very funny we won't win this one, Vaculik is a better rider than Kurtz, the young pole has been flying and so has Palm Toft, Hans top scored last meeting and Newman flies round the Leicester track, on top of that they are at home.

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Palm toff excellent replacement for bates .I'm amazed nobody has not signed Pàlm toff prior to this could be the catch of season on his average

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gavan doesn’t seem to understand home advantage, or the fact four of our riders have never ridden this track in its current shape.

We will finish top this season I am confident enough to say, but Leicester along with Rye have teams to go unbeaten at home this year.

Are Poole a better side than Somerset???

Yes and Somerset went to Leicester and lost by only 2 points. 

On that basis you should win at Leicester or are you saying that Somerset are a better side than Poole?

If Poole dont win, and Somerset can get within 2 points, then i would say thats a poor result for Poole. 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Are Poole a better side than Somerset???

Yes and Somerset went to Leicester and lost by only 2 points. 

On that basis you should win at Leicester or are you saying that Somerset are a better side than Poole?

If Poole dont win, and Somerset can get within 2 points, then i would say thats a poor result for Poole. 

Agree with that. 

Also Gavan has a point that most riders are riding in Poland this weekend. And Yes i know the tracks are different but at this stage getting on the Bike is important. 

Kurtz, Woryna, MAtt S, Linus and Shanes seem to have got a lot of laps in. 

Think Killer did some yesterday for Tarnow and Josh G has at least done a few this week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester do have home advantage Steve, even with the alturations that have been done. But they are beatable...;)

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Poole by 10 in this

I might comment more favourably if those were the actual match-ups - but they're not, so I still reckon its a home banker.

an away point will be a bonus i think . at least leicester have had a run out we have not

Edited by ray c