British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

6 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Strangely not Kelsey though. 

Think he did

Really up for this tonight, weather good and an attractive list of riders. Heat 17 should be best with Mountain, Shanes and Clegg, poor old Charlie Brooks has to make the number up in this one.

Tom Brennan has a good chance with his second ride being toughest against Mountain and Zach but he has gate 1.  He gets compensation in his last ride and should win from gate 4.

Fancy it will finish 1 Zach 2 Shanes 3 Clegg 4 Bailey 5 Mountain 6 Brennan 7  ?? anyone from about 6 particularly if they pick up a bonus point from a fall or E/F by one of the favourites.

Guest GiveusaB
On 4/6/2018 at 12:31 PM, Argos said:

Sorry you are wrong it says “Provisional” that’s NOT a confirmed Fixture 

Surely it has to say provisional, because it cant be confirmed without the semis being completed first ?

If both semis are completed this weekend then it will be 17th as per fixture list ! (weather permitting)

Anyone know why Sam Bebee pulled out?

Shanes, Clegg, Zach, Jenkins, Brennan, Mountain and Bailey to go through I think. Maybe Edwards or Kemp could sneak past Jenkins for a surprise.

Tomorrows meeting at Newcastle is OFF.

I didn't see this thread and started one in Individual/Shared Events !

Congratulations to all the riders in tonight's U-21 semi at Eastbourne. It rained – they raced. They didn't moan.

I'm proud of everyone of you for getting on with the job in conditions that were far from ideal.

Well done to the ref for keeping it rolling.

But I take my hat off to these young riders.

Everyone of you is a star in my eyes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Congratulations to all the riders in tonight's U-21 semi at Eastbourne. It rained – they raced. They didn't moan.

I'm proud of everyone of you for getting on with the job in conditions that were far from ideal.

Agree with your observations but after Shanes fell trying to power around the outside in heat three they rode rather than raced. Get adventurous and you get into trouble. Very disappointing after 4 or 5 days of good weather to see the track still looking heavy at the start as proven by the first two races when Clegg and Mountain produced times of 60 and 62+ very slow for them. Then it started to rain, very light but non stop through to heat 20 and times went as high as 68. I fear  anyone new to Speedway will not come again after that.

From an Eagles perspective Tom Brennan was slow at the gate which is so important in these conditions and even when presented with a simple heat 20 which if won would give him qualification he missed the gate and did a replica of the Shanes move with the same result.

On the plus side Jason Edwards justified his status as  a top 3.0 starter this season and adapted well to the conditions. He was also in that heat 20 wanting the win to qualify and with Brennan out of the way he got it.

Difficult to assess Charlie Brooks, he looked a bit out of his class mostly but having his first meeting at this level as opposed to Long Track and with these track conditions it would be unfair to expect much else. He did however gate pretty well but lost any advantage going around bend one. That will be an advantage once he gets settled into normal conditions.

On 04/04/2018 at 3:38 PM, TurnTwo said:

It is at Birmingham isn’t it? 

NO!

It's just been announced that the BSPA have taken the fixture off Birmingham, mainly because they say, they wanted "a date when no riders would be involved in a fixture clash".

Now that Newcastle's semi-final has been postponed, our beloved organisational body, has neither a venue nor a date for the final. What a typically shambolic state of affairs.

19 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

NO!

It's just been announced that the BSPA have taken the fixture off Birmingham, mainly because they say, they wanted "a date when no riders would be involved in a fixture clash".

Now that Newcastle's semi-final has been postponed, our beloved organisational body, has neither a venue nor a date for the final. What a typically shambolic state of affairs.

Having just seen the Birmingham Press Statement (not BSPA) It seems to me that Birmingham were asked by the BSPA if they could run the Final on a Tuesday as no other clubs run on that night, The new Promoters said yes, then realised there Planning would not allow this, that’s why it’s always been Provisional in the Birmingham Fixture list, Maybe it was a mistake to ask a new Promoter to stage  such a meeting in there first season 

If we have a 'National Speedway Stadium' then why is this not utilised for the use of The National U'21 title ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

The rain probably explains why there was no runoff?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

NO!

24 minutes ago, tyke said:

If we have a 'National Speedway Stadium' then why is this not utilised for the use of The National U'21 title ?

Sounds good to me can they run on a Tuesday 

53 minutes ago, Argos said:

...that’s why it’s always been Provisional in the Birmingham Fixture list...

Is THAT why? Are you sure? Because how can you guarantee a date if you can't be certain that the semi-finals have been run?  As it is now, no-one knows when or where the "Newcastle" semi-final will be run, always assuming that they want ALL the riders not to have any fixture clashes for that again, so how can any date for the final at any venue now be set in stone?

58 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

58 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Nothing was said, as far as I heard, on that score. I think the only run-offs would have been for the final qualifying places

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Argos said:

Sounds good to me can they run on a Tuesday 

The Speedway Nations Pairs event is on a Tuesday so it looks as if the NSS can be used although it's possible they have got special permission from the council to run on that day.

Edited by Aces51