British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

I would suggest Leicester as they can run any day. Or Wolves or IoW as both have run meetings on Tuesdays before.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Nothing was said, as far as I heard, on that score. I think the only run-offs would have been for the final qualifying places

That's correct, countback to decide  all ties except 7th place

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

In all individuals the basic rule is to decide the top three places and last qualifiers by a runoff. I asked because I thought it was weird that there wasnt one. But if there was rain and the track was bad, I could see why a ref might say this was enough. Also, there’s a chance BSPA/ACU has their own rule regarding this scenario.

Just read the Birmingham press release and Im puzzled at the planning consent reason. We dont have to race on certain days, any day but from what I believe. Its just we are limited to just once a week. The person that would know for certain is Brian Buck.

Some will blame the new promotion for this but decision to award meetings lies solely at the BSPA door, its their meeting. Why the hell with 9/10 days before the meeting are they doing this. Brummies fans like myself who were looking forward to it have been massively let down.

Guest GiveusaB

BSPA are a bunch of t\ss\rs !!!

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Makes sense. As a qualifier, the only thing that matters is being in a qualification place at the end.

Rain wouldn't have been an issue at Arlington on Saturday night.

It had rained from 7pm but by the time the presentations were done it was dry. 

7 hours ago, f-s-p said:

In all individuals the basic rule is to decide the top three places and last qualifiers by a runoff. I asked because I thought it was weird that there wasnt one. But if there was rain and the track was bad, I could see why a ref might say this was enough. Also, there’s a chance BSPA/ACU has their own rule regarding this scenario.

The SCB released a supplementary regulation for the semi-finals, it is available here: http://www.scbgb.co.uk/request.php?6161

This document defines the conduct of the meeting, including how ties are determined.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The SCB released a supplementary regulation for the semi-finals, it is available here: http://www.scbgb.co.uk/request.php?6161

This document defines the conduct of the meeting, including how ties are determined.

Yes it does.

20 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

I would suggest Leicester as they can run any day. Or Wolves or IoW as both have run meetings on Tuesdays before.

Peterborough? The semi-final there last year was on a Tuesday I think. 

3 hours ago, bigred said:

Final Now being held at Berwick I’ve heard ..

When?

On 4/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, Argos said:

Sounds good to me can they run on a Tuesday 

Birmingham COULD have run on a Tuesday. Birmingham ran on a Tuesday when entertaining Poole in the EL Play-off final a few years back. Birmingham have also at various times run on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays.  What day wasn't an issue.  The BSPA's incompetence and vindictiveness towards Birmingham, because it thinks it knows what's "in the best interests of British Speedway" IS the issue.

#speedwayshambles 

On Saturday, April 07, 2018 at 4:58 PM, GiveusaB said:

Surely it has to say provisional, because it cant be confirmed without the semis being completed first ?

If both semis are completed this weekend then it will be 17th as per fixture list ! (weather permitting)

Birmingham can't host it as final has to be a Tuesday night, and brum can't get permission to run on a tuesday

On Sunday, April 08, 2018 at 10:48 AM, tyke said:

If we have a 'National Speedway Stadium' then why is this not utilised for the use of The National U'21 title ?

Spot on, every national title should be there (which is c*ap for having to travel,but it's what it was built for right?)

Also think k this should take priority over any domestic league matches anyway. Being a national championship should place it below international meetings and above domestic fixtures.