British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

5 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Birmingham can't host it as final has to be a Tuesday night, and brum can't get permission to run on a tuesday

Hadn't seen a 3rd page of posts before I replied.

5 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Berwick Tuesday 1st May.

My impression of Berwick from stuff I ve see and when I ve been doing the updates etc is that it's very much gate and go, which is a shame.

Why not use common sense and run on a Sunday so that these kids don't have to take another day off of school and parents another day of work?

Lot of tracks are gate and go even Glasgow lol. Racing improved last year at Berwick, it is one of them tracks where if your  crown jewels are big enough you can pass. To be honest some of the best racing came from Stars of Tomorrow meeting with young guys giving 100%.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Why not use common sense and run on a Sunday...

Star attraction, Robert Lambert, will most likely be needed in Poland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Berwick Tuesday 1st May.

Pray for good weather then. One week later and the Swedish league starts, which could rule out star attraction, Robert Lambert.

I’m told Birmingham’s historian Mr Buck Posts on this forum and he knows everything Birmingham can he please confirm that Birmimgham cannot Race on a Tuesday, as they have done in the past  

9 minutes ago, Argos said:

I’m told Birmingham’s historian Mr Buck Posts on this forum and he knows everything Birmingham can he please confirm that Birmimgham cannot Race on a Tuesday, as they have done in the past  

I don't remember Brummies ever racing on a Tusday

Wed is the official race night with Thursday as the alternative race night

Good Friday was allowed but since Hall Green dogs closed that meeting has transferred to Perry Barr so Good Friday now not an option

1 minute ago, Brummies_Ste said:

I don't remember Brummies ever racing on a Tusday

Wed is the official race night with Thursday as the alternative race night

Good Friday was allowed but since Hall Green dogs closed that meeting has transferred to Perry Barr so Good Friday now not an option

I imagine it's similar to other clubs where the planning will contain limits of usage etc, part of this will include when they can run. To run on an alternative night would require seeking special permission from the council.

As I say no statement of fact, but just my understanding of the situation.

This was the last approved planning application seemingly (although there was one at a later date that was withdrawn, looks like there was a bit on there about racenights but it was removed):

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning Applications On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=493062&XSLT=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning Application Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

Variation of conditions 12 & 13 attached to planning application approval 2010/02985/PA to allow the occasional holding of Monday evening speedway races due to televising contractual requirements (with no Wednesday or Thursday race meetings in the same week that a monday meeting is held) 

With one before that in 2010 stating:

Continued additional use of stadium for speedway racing on a permanent basis; on weekdays either on Wednesdays or Thursdays (but not both days in any one racing season) with alternative weekday race days due to weather related cancellations on Thursdays (but not both days in any one racing season). 

Looks like an oversight from our promotion sadly, very disappointing.

Well that’s it then,Not the council fault, not the BSPA fault, pure and simple lack of experience of the Promoters of Birmingham, I always thought there was something amiss with this “Provisional” date, No wonder there Press Statement said “The Promotion will not be making any further comment on the matter” 

Why did they give it to Brum in the first place?

• Like 1

See someone by the name of Bilbo Baggins as posted on the Birminghambrummies web site that the semi final of the U 21 will take place at Birmingham next WEDNESDAY can anyone confirm this, 

Guest GiveusaB

Brummies can ride on a Tuesday (FACT) they just can't stage a meeting twice in the same week!

Guest GiveusaB
9 hours ago, Argos said:

See someone by the name of Bilbo Baggins as posted on the Birminghambrummies web site that the semi final of the U 21 will take place at Birmingham next WEDNESDAY can anyone confirm this, 

Are we meant to be grateful to the BSPA for this ???

Bunch of ....... !

On 09/04/2018 at 6:56 PM, Argos said:

Just check out the official Brummies Twitter feed for the most blatant hint you’ll ever see 

Edited by the hobbit