British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

You put your Birmingham in
You take your Birmingham out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about....

That does it, the "Hokey Kokey" should be the walk-on tune next Wednesday, with the Benny Hill theme tune to accompany any other parades etc.

You can't make this up can you?

#speedwayshambles 

• Like 2

Tony Mole made an application to vary the condition relating to the race nights, several years ago and under the Planning Officer's Discretionary Powers, obtained a consent to run on any alternative race night conditional on there not being more than one meeting staged in any one week. On various past occasions, Birmingham have run meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Tony always did things by the book - he was never a chancer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

You put your Birmingham in
You take your Birmingham out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about....

That does it, the "Hokey Kokey" should be the walk-on tune next Wednesday, with the Benny Hill theme tune to accompany any other parades etc.

You can't make this up can you?

#speedwayshambles 

Vatcher & co are all wearing clown suits!!

• Haha 1

I really wonder at the common sense existing in some of the brains of contributors to this column.  The Under 21  FINAL had to be on a Tuesday and

it seems that David Mason was not aware that he could run on that day and, quite rightly informed the BSPA who, naturally had to find another venue

( Now Berwick...not a great choice IMO, but they may have had no reasonable alternatives). THEN the semi-final at Newcastle was rained off and, once

again the BSPA had to find an alternative....and very quickly...Birmingham, it seems , applied and were successful.  So tell me, all you Clever Dicks,

what is to be criticised in that ?

• Like 1

And to compound the misery, Speedway GB is promoting the sport by showing a really dull race from the Eastbourne semi, with no overtaking, on its social media this afternoon.

And they call it "great action"

• Haha 1

On 11/04/2018 at 3:10 PM, East End Fan said:

I really wonder at the common sense existing in some of the brains of contributors to this column.  The Under 21  FINAL had to be on a Tuesday and

it seems that David Mason was not aware that he could run on that day and, quite rightly informed the BSPA who, naturally had to find another venue

( Now Berwick...not a great choice IMO, but they may have had no reasonable alternatives). THEN the semi-final at Newcastle was rained off and, once

again the BSPA had to find an alternative....and very quickly...Birmingham, it seems , applied and were successful.  So tell me, all you Clever Dicks,

what is to be criticised in that ?

Quite correct. Seems to me to be a very amicable rearrangement. All those folks saying they couldn't go to Berwick cos it was too far away, now have a chance to go to Birmingham. Let's see them all flood the place out with their presence. Some of course wouldn't be able to get out of a box, never mind rearrange fixtures so quickly and so amicably. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Not much sympathy for the travelling fans here is there? Anyone remember the travelling fan? Those fans who followed their favourite team or riders all over the country and who organised their lives around the fixture list? Speedway used to have some of those in the olden days, before promoters made being a travelling fan into a hellish experience.

Yeah, that endangered species...Those who booked time off work to go to the original fixture, who may have booked a hotel if they didn't fancy the drive back afterwards, who then had their day off work wasted, and who had to cancel their hotel booking possibly losing their money in the process, not to mention needing to book more time off work, now that the fixture is on a Wednesday, possibly needing another hotel booking... Who cares about messing fans about? Not the BSPA / SCB, that's for sure, and not by the looks of it, those whose idea of "going to the speedway" means sitting at the computer "watching" the Speedway Updates site. No wonder the sport is losing it's fanbase.

#speedwayshambles

• Like 3

Well, UK_Martin,  With so many fixtures lost to the rain, including important stuff like the Under 21's, what would you have the promoters do ?

No one can control the weather, so to make that a reason to criticise promoters is utterly ridiculous.  All the promoters can do is to give out the

changed information as early as they can to give as many people as possible time to change their arrangements.  I think most of them actually try

do that.   I attend Lakeside, Sittingbourne and Eastbourne on a fairly regular basis, but not every week.  I have never attended any one of those tracks

and been sent home without seeing a meeting because of an incorrect early decision regarding rain.    I don't know what else anyone could do.

• Like 1

The sad thing is the people have flagged up how woeful the "great" race was from the U-21 at Arlington (as promoted by Speedway GB) but we have heard nothing from SpeedwayGB to explain why they choose such a woeful heat to demonstrate the strengths of Uk speedway.

Why do they treat the fans with such contempt?

Someone in authority should climb down from their ivory tower and explain.

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

The sad thing is the people have flagged up how woeful the "great" race was from the U-21 at Arlington (as promoted by Speedway GB) but we have heard nothing from SpeedwayGB to explain why they choose such a woeful heat to demonstrate the strengths of Uk speedway.

Why do they treat the fans with such contempt?

Someone in authority should climb down from their ivory tower and explain.

More chance of getting a postcard from the pope

Just now, soupy said:

More chance of getting a postcard from the pope

Great – rather along the lines of old-style pubs which had notices indicating there was no credit. "In god we trust, all others pay cash."

I live in hope - not expectation.

I appreciate them giving us something to watch, could of posted the video and captioned it. British young lions fight on in torrid conditions. 

But to label it a great race just pisses off hardcore fans. And really turn off any joe bloggs stumbling across the video as if that's a great race how dull is a poor race?

It's not like they have many heats to choose from so far this season.:D

Well, the semi-final is at Perry Barr and the Final is at Berwick.       Get over it. 

If these venues and dates don't suit everyone, then that's unfortunate but hardly unexpected.

Last year, the Final was at Poole, which was hardly an easy trip for speedway supporters in Glasgow or Edinburgh.    

Fair enough to move meetings around, surely?       

• Like 1