British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Fair enough to move meetings around, surely? 

Juggle them around all you like before you publish the fixture list, but once the fixtures are published, stick to them.  Don't advertise that an event will be at location A, and then when people have had a chance to book hotels, take time off work, and make other arrangements, then move the event to the other end of the country. That's just blatant pi$$ taking.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2018 at 7:53 PM, East End Fan said:

Well, UK_Martin,  With so many fixtures lost to the rain, including important stuff like the Under 21's, what would you have the promoters do ?

No one can control the weather, so to make that a reason to criticise promoters is utterly ridiculous.  All the promoters can do is to give out the

changed information as early as they can to give as many people as possible time to change their arrangements.  I think most of them actually try

do that.   I attend Lakeside, Sittingbourne and Eastbourne on a fairly regular basis, but not every week.  I have never attended any one of those tracks

and been sent home without seeing a meeting because of an incorrect early decision regarding rain.    I don't know what else anyone could do.

UK Martin wouldn't have a clue how to solve the problems caused, as he is always too busy knocking anything to do with BSPA, SCB,  Speedway in general and anybody that appreciates British Speedway. Not worth a read.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

UK Martin wouldn't have a clue how to solve the problems caused, as he is always too busy knocking anything to do with BSPA, SCB,  Speedway in general and anybody that appreciates British Speedway. Not worth a read.

Unless it's Polish of course...............

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tsunami said:

And how is the situation improved by deflecting the criticism onto the the person raising the issue?  Would you do that in any other walk of life?  

Customer to waiter - "the soup's cold"
Waiter to kitchen staff - "I bet the customer complaining about cold soup couldn't make a hot soup as he's too busy knocking anything made in these kitchens, blah blah..."

Yeah, that's an attitude that improves the situation. Customer care. Who, even former promoters, gives a damn about that in this sport?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And how is the situation improved by deflecting the criticism onto the the person raising the issue?  Would you do that in any other walk of life?  

Customer to waiter - "the soup's cold"
Waiter to kitchen staff - "I bet the customer complaining about cold soup couldn't make a hot soup as he's too busy knocking anything made in these kitchens, blah blah..."

Yeah, that's an attitude that improves the situation. Customer care. Who, even former promoters, gives a damn about that in this sport?

It must be the way in which you raise an issue that brings so much 'attention'.

Perhaps it would work better as 'excuse me, my soup is a bit cold, would it be possible to receive a warm replacement please?'

• Like 1

uk_martin must have a very unhappy life, finding fault in everything he sees.   Any of us have every right to criticise anything about our sport and the

actions of those in charge of it....BUT, such criticisms must be fair and not just for the sake of criticising.  I had a whinge this year over the silly 39

point limit that it seems was wished onto the N.L. promoters by the BSPA.  I could not, and do not, understand the motives behind that move unless

members of the senior leagues do not wish to see the standards go up in the 3rd league. Personally I would love to see all NL teams using riders up to the

required skill level instead of, as now, a number of riders in teams clearly not up to it.   THAT was my personal whinge, but uk_martin whinges about changed

fixtures caused by appalling weather....utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

Over the years you learn to take the majority of UKM's rantings with a pinch of salt .

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

I dont understand why UK M cant have a moan about what he wants?

He's just passionate about the sport he loves imo ?

He's probably just peed off with the BSPA for taking the Under 21 Final off the Brummies (like most bham fans are)

We were built up to be let down by a bunch of .........ers !

22 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I dont understand why UK M cant have a moan about what he wants?

He's just passionate about the sport he loves imo ?

He's probably just peed off with the BSPA for taking the Under 21 Final off the Brummies (like most bham fans are)

We were built up to be let down by a bunch of .........ers !

That's a bit harsh on the Mason's they made a simple mistake.

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Taking over the brummies might end up an expensive mistake!

Guest GiveusaB
On 14/04/2018 at 5:06 PM, teaboy279 said:

I was meaning the BSPA.... (unless you're being sarcastic ? :D)

I'm right behind anyone that puts their own money in to Birmingham speedway.

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM, GiveusaB said:

I was meaning the BSPA.... (unless you're being sarcastic ? :D)

I'm right behind anyone that puts their own money in to Birmingham speedway.

Oh I see sorry. No I misunderstood you.

But the BSPA are not to blame on this occasion as I am pretty sure that it was specified it had to be on a Tuesday and the Masons thought they could host on a Tuesday. 

Hoping to come up for this.

Any weather updates,please?

Supporting Kyle Bickley and Leon Flint.

Britain's got talent alright!:)

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Hoping to come up for this.

Any weather updates,please?

Supporting Kyle Bickley and Leon Flint.

Britain's got talent alright!:)

Forecast is looking good - warm bordering on hot sunshine.

• Like 1