British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

British Under 21

Guest GiveusaB
11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Oh I see sorry. No I misunderstood you.

But the BSPA are not to blame on this occasion as I am pretty sure that it was specified it had to be on a Tuesday and the Masons thought they could host on a Tuesday. 

We can host on a Tuesday...it's just that we cant run 2 meetings (on different days) in the same week ? (poxy rule imo)

Anyway, we have to settle for the consolation prize (unfortunately) which in hindsight, is a bonus for the Midland based riders.

Weather is looking very promising !

It looks like a very open meeting as there are no obvious choice winners in there for me?

As it's a lovely day, I'm going with a friend to Perry Barr this evening.  It will be a chance, I expect to show our respect for the

greatest rider of all time, Ivan Mauger who has just passed away.  He was the man we all loved to hate, but deep down we had

the utmost admiration for his achievements.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
39 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

As it's a lovely day, I'm going with a friend to Perry Barr this evening.  It will be a chance, I expect to show our respect for the

greatest rider of all time, Ivan Mauger who has just passed away.  He was the man we all loved to hate, but deep down we had

the utmost admiration for his achievements.

Sad news.

What a legend!

Guest GiveusaB

Can anyone kindly post a link so that I can print off a blank racecard for tonight's meeting please?

See me  about ten yards first bend side of the start / finish line and I’ll give you a race card 

we stand right next to the little gate that they use to get onto the dog track

Bilbo .

Edited by the hobbit

32 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Very disappointing crowd with just 10 minutes to tapes up. Perfect weather for it - what more to people want?

Wonder how few there will be at Berwick for the final then ! 

2 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Very disappointing crowd with just 10 minutes to tapes up. Perfect weather for it - what more to people want?

Would have expected more there but didnt think it was terrible not when you consider individual meetings generally arnt well supported at Brum.

Guest GiveusaB
19 hours ago, the hobbit said:

See me  about ten yards first bend side of the start / finish line and I’ll give you a race card 

we stand right next to the little gate that they use to get onto the dog track

Bilbo .

Thanks for that offer Bilbo....I missed your offer as I couldn't get on the forum till now ? Cost me £3 for a programme ! Dohhhhh

Disappointing meeting in all fairness.....poor attendance....poor racing ! The recent weather took it's toll on the track and it certainly showed. I think the riders struggled. It was very patchy and unusually, inconsistent.

Joe Lawlor and Jack Thomas were the riders that impressed me most .... or should I say 'surprised' me. Joe can certainly fly when he makes the gate!

As for disappointments....or 'negative' surprises ? I expected more from Kyle Bickley ?

I agree, the track early doors seemed difficult to ride, but the better riders seemed to handle it OK. Racing improved as the track

got slicker.  Very impressed with Jack Thomas.

Not been back to Birmingham since Poole won the League Title there a few years ago.

Not a bad meeting to be honest. One or two really good races. Result was pretty much as expected. Only ones I got wrong were Hampshire and Flint. Had to feel for Leon as he was in a scoring position when he had a puncture.To push a bike virtually a whole lap, with flat tyre, for no points, took guts. For those that dont know, when deciding finishing positions. a zero outscores a did not finish, so could have been vital. Sadly, it wasnt to be. Gutted for you Leon. A point would have put him in a run off with Bickley and Hampshire for 6th and 7th place.

Kyle didnt ride well and got a bit lucky, if I am honest. Bowtell fell while in a comfortable lead, gifting Kyle a point. In the end, it made all the difference. If it had come to a 3 way run off, I am not sure he would have qualified.. Still at the end of the day, if you have a off day, but still qualify, it cant be all that bad.

I agree, the big surprise for me was Joe Lawlor. Not overly impressed last season, but so far this season, brilliant. Saw him on IOW last week and came away with very positive thoughts. Same again here.

So pleased I chose to go to this meeting, had to be better than going to Poole last night, thats for sure!

Guest GiveusaB

I personally feel that Leon made a big mistake by pushing his bike home....I know of the count back situation etc....but at the age of 15, it wasted a lot of energy and stamina and I think he would of been better saving that for his final ride ? just my opinion!