British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside v Peterborough frid 6th april 8 pm CS

At last weather looking good for this meeting,,Hopefully the lads will get a big crowd for what should be a cracking match.....

Will be nothing cracking about this big home win...:D

• Like 2

Lakeside are going to have some hefty home wins this year and this is likely to be the first.

Lakeside win but no by the massacre predicted imo Nicholls should score well and Grondal likes the small tracks.  As for the rest they should get us to 40 points 

Looking forward to this one, every single rider looked dialled into the track at the rico meeting so hopefully a good win and I might even take my factor 50 with me lol.

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

Lakeside win but no by the massacre predicted imo Nicholls should score well and Grondal likes the small tracks.  As for the rest they should get us to 40 points 

Emil look into my eyes 

Your at Rye House

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm hoping to go to Lakeside for this meeting any advice on parking, where to view from and especially is there any seating/steps to sit on or should I take a chair.

15 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I'm hoping to go to Lakeside for this meeting any advice on parking, where to view from and especially is there any seating/steps to sit on or should I take a chair.

No problem with parking more than ample on site. However the Stadium leaves imo a lot to be desired.  Take a chair is my advice. Last time I went mud terracing was the norm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I seem to remember Palm Tree doing pretty well at Lakeside a few years ago. Scotts had a mixture of good and bad scores at Lakeside over the years, although the bad ones seem to have been when guesting for the Hammers. We' ll find out whether Lakeside were lucky or unlucky not to get him.

Panthers to hold their own in the early heats but the Hammers have too much firepower in the middle order.  Ellis, Lawson and Zak too consistent in the engine room. Should be a comfortable win for the home team

4 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Watch from the under the home straight stand, it's by far the best place to watch from.  The back straight is ok, and the stock car track on the back straight too, but the home straight is more sheltered from the wind.  Avoid watching from the bends, and bring a chair.  If you get there early enough you can walk through the pits before they start warming the bikes up.  Enjoy!

I think Peterborough will do better than some people think, Nicholls and Bacon like it at Arena and Danes have historically gone well there.  The 3 riders we are bringing up from last year's National League team will find it tougher than the first meeting, but looking forward to cheering them on.  Going to be great to see the Hammers in action as a team at home.  Can't wait!

• Thanks 1

LAKESIDE HAMMERS:

Nick Morris, Ben Morley, Adam Ellis, Kyle Newman, Richard Lawson, Zach Wajtknecht, Alfie Bowtell.

PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS:

Scott Nicholls, Emil Grondal, Nike Lunna, Michael Palm Toft, Ulrich Ostergaard, Tom Bacon, Simon Lambert.

I'm probably naming all the right riders, but not necessarily in the right order:

Teams in the style of Eric Morecambe from:
LAKESIDE: Alfie Bowtell, Adam Ellis, Richard Lawson, Ben Morley, Nick Morris, Kyle Newman, Zach Wajtknecht.
PETERBOROUGH: Tom Bacon, Emil Grondal, Simon Lambert, Nike Lunna, Scott Nicholls, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft.

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

Panties going well so far 

6 points down after 11

Edited by Flappy
Adding to post

As a fellow Godden tester, is Ellis using his tonight or is it just Nicholls?  It looked slow last night at Foxhall, @ryehousefans had better hope he's aboard the GM for their matches.

Nicholls is picking up plenty of second places but can't buy a win at the minute. It'll come I'm sure.

MPT and the reserves let us down scoring wise tonight but it was much closer than many imagined it would be.

Petsonally don't get thw hype regarding this Lakeside team with a long tail.