British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers v Workington Comets CS Fri Apl 6th 2018 at 19-30

While Winter's evil , icy grip is still hanging on , we hope to get our Premier Trophy / League Cup or whatever it's called these days , under way . Track must be like porridge after the amount of rain and sleet that has come down in the last 48 hours , but the hope is that we get a couple of dry days now . 

A big welcome back to former Tigers , Rene Bach and Dan Bewley , and another former Tiger , Mason Campton , could be troublesome at reserve . The engine room of the Comets septet , Proctor - Jensen and Klindt are all much of a muchness round Ashfield and it will be interesting to see young Kyle Bickley's formative laps at this level . 

For us , Harris should have had enough of smelly nappies and disturbed nights , and be ready to start accumulating points in the stripes while the hope is that the early season mechanical issues that dogged Richie against the Monarchs has been remedied . 

We hope Starke , Vissing and Kerr continue their impressive start to their Tigers' careers and young Jack kicks on after his amazing debut 2 weeks ago . And there's James . He will want to show the Comets that for whatever reason , they never saw the best of him last season and he proves our trump card in both meetings this weekend . 

So fingers crossed the weather finally allows the 2018 speedway season to properly get into gear and both meetings this weekend , at Ashfield and Derwent Park , show us why we love this sport despite the negativity surrounding it . 

Championship Shield, probably be Championship Trophy next year

Weather not looking good for the match at Glasgow but better for the Workington match.

Was hoping to head up for this but the weather hasn’t changed since Monday showing light rain all day 

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Was hoping to head up for this but the weather hasn’t changed since Monday showing light rain all day 

Really have to check with Chris Harris how he wants to play this.

Last week he wasn't too keen to travel north on a wet day due to a family birthday and a religious festival.  I have no knowledge of birthday's in his family, but I do know that orthodox Christians consider this Friday to be Good Friday, so that could be a sticking point.

Best play safe with an early call off I should think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Thischarmingman said:

Really have to check with Chris Harris how he wants to play this.

Last week he wasn't too keen to travel north on a wet day due to a family birthday and a religious festival.  I have no knowledge of birthday's in his family, but I do know that orthodox Christians consider this Friday to be Good Friday, so that could be a sticking point.

Best play safe with an early call off I should think.

presumably you are a Smiths fan; if so explains a lot :sad:

Tough looking meeting coming up. Worky will revel in the super slick track that will be prepared due to the incessant rain. The Aussie whiner at reserve will almost certainly get 7 rides. Worrall should have himself sorted out after a woeful first meeting and be good to finally see Bomber.

morn . has ty got the clearance to ride in the championship ?

Any weather updates would be greatly appreciated , looking to leave 4ish...just as Met Office forecasts rain :rolleyes:set to brighten after 7pm but damage could be done. Thank you

I usually get to at least August before i get fed up with the Speedway, weather etc.

This is the earliest this year.

• Like 1

just extends  the season out  for some teams , bring on the rain . 

reading the tigers face book home page  .

it now looks like winning by 10 @ home ( v monarchs) is now classed as an obliteration  of the away side . 

the Glasgow propaganda machine is working overtime to attract even more PAYING customers through their gates . you can put lipstick on a pig , but its still a pig ..

meeting cancelled i do believe ! it would not have been cancelled this early if you had not signed bomber ...

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

just extends  the season out  for some teams , bring on the rain . 

reading the tigers face book home page  .

it now looks like winning by 10 @ home ( v monarchs) is now classed as an obliteration  of the away side . 

the Glasgow propaganda machine is working overtime to attract even more PAYING customers through their gates . you can put lipstick on a pig , but its still a pig ..

meeting cancelled i do believe ! it would not have been cancelled this early if you had not signed bomber ...

You won't believe this but actually agree with you in part. Looks a if someone new is doing it think it was written by an ice hockey fan rather than the usual people, it also mentions 'face-off' and they prefixed tonights meeting as Speedway Race: Glasgow v Workington.

You mean the Millionaires Den has no covers yet :blink: shock horror... they are slacking

Far too early call-off , Bomber must have looked at weather and thought "nah not travelling" :rolleyes:

Light rain around 4pm the bugger all after that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1