British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Newcastle 05.04.18

4 hours ago, JulieR said:

Please see an update below regarding th half price offer from last season's match against Redcar which will noot be valid tonight

When Redcar Bears hit town on April 26, fans who hold entrance tickets from the meeting between the teams at the end of last season will be given admission for half price.

Tigers co-promoter Damien Bates said: “There were suggestions the half price offer was for the opening night, but because the Redcar meeting was far from satisfactory at the end of last season we wanted to give the opportunity for their travelling fans to take advantage of it.

“I don’t think anyone can argue with this decision, we believe it’s in the best interests of everyone

He obviously cant read what he put on the website, and he didnt listen to what was announced on the night that said he offer was for the first meeting.

going back on his word with a very week newcastle team in town might backfire tonight

3 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I wonder if we are having team suits this year and whether they will wear them tonight or unveil them at the first official home match.

Guessing it will be: 1 Ludvig 2. Wethers 3. Rose 4. Aarnio 5. Robson 6. Wilkinson 7. Morris

We are notoriously rubbishe around Sheffield so not expecting much from this one.  Goooooo Diamonds :D

Yes we have team suits again and they will be wearing them tonight.

Can only see a big home win tonight.

40 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

He obviously cant read what he put on the website, and he didnt listen to what was announced on the night that said he offer was for the first meeting.

going back on his word with a very week newcastle team in town might backfire tonight

Maybe he is allowing the offer been allowed for both sets of fans Sheffield and those from Redcar as well.

We have not turned a wheel and some people are not happy. I think it is fair that the Redcar fans have a chance to see  their team at a reduced price, because the match last season was not up to scratch. If home fans go every week i don't see a problem. It just seems fair that the Redcar who usually bring a few fans have the chance of the reduced price. But that only me. utt.

Edited by graz gp
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, graz gp said:

We have not turned a wheel and some people are not happy. I think it is fair that the Redcar fans have a chance to see  their team at a reduced price, because the match last season was not up to scratch. If home fans go every week i don't see a problem. It just seems fair that the Redcar who usually bring a few fans have the chance of the reduced price. But that only me. utt.

I think the problem is that is not what they originally stated, maybe the best policy could be that they could have given supporters the chance to use the tickets for any of the first three home meetings.

Well Done we got over 30 points

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, soupy said:

Well Done we got over 30 points

Disappointing we only had one race winner. Seemed to be a lot of retirements from our riders and disappointing if not unexpected from Lingren. Really needs to sort himself out.

3 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Disappointing we only had one race winner. Seemed to be a lot of retirements from our riders and disappointing if not unexpected from Lingren. Really needs to sort himself out.

Same old lindgren I hope he doesn’t stay at number 1 for too long ! Hopefully we can make a change or two after a couple of months 

2 negative post so far, both only naming 1 culprit,,, apart from 1 heat win from Wilko, the whole team is sh!te.

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

2 negative post so far, both only naming 1 culprit,,, apart from 1 heat win from Wilko, the whole team is sh!te.

apart from wilko.morris and wethers, wilko always good for a few points at sheffield, morris looked good apart from the one race when he didnt make the start,very quick from the tapes in his other 3,wethers  flew out of the start twice but probably needs racetime to regain his sharpness, you will struggle big time on the road with this team im afraid, lindgren has to be the worst number one this season.

Couldn't make it tonight but very intrigued to know from those that went how Shanes & Smith looked ?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

But he is our Captain and Number One. Just turned out to be more sh!te than the rest. Hence, I assume the comments.

Hope things change for him soon, or we are in for a long hard Season.

A nice easy workout for the Tigers to kick off the season, I’m sure there will be sterner tests to come.

Howarth, Bjerre and Wright were unstoppable, Kurtz only just missed out on his maximum too. Shanes and Smith showed glimpses of what is to come, both were within a whisker of getting a hat full of points against far more experienced opposition.

The future is bright on tonight’s performance.

Sheffield 59 Newcastle 31, great to see both Jack and James get their first paid wins, Kyle, Charles and Lasse unbeaten and solid showing from Todd. For Newcastle Wilkinson Morris looked good, Robson and wethers had a go but the rest dreadfull only points they got was against reserves,