British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Newcastle 05.04.18

and what about the new rule of riders staying astride their machines whilst gardening,does that not apply in this competition?

in one race there was 2 riders off their machines gardening(and one wasnt lasse) 

3 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

and what about the new rule of riders staying astride their machines whilst gardening,does that not apply in this competition?

in one race there was 2 riders off their machines gardening(and one wasnt lasse) 

Does not apply at all now rule amended.  http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34055

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

thanks for that,never seen about the rethink over the change, but why change it when the season has already started and some matches have already been affected by it,not to mention riders losing income too.

The rule was changed before any meetings had been run. But i don't know why. Does anyone know?

57 minutes ago, graz gp said:

The rule was changed before any meetings had been run. But i don't know why. Does anyone know?

no it wasnt cos riders were penalised for this offence in the charity shield seasons opener at belle vue. 

the criticism of lindgren is completely unfair ............ hes a 3rd heat leader not a no 1 ... and he has never pretended to be a no 1

hes riding out of position as is robbo

the team - despite being tryers - is an awful team

whilst our reserves on paper are the 2nd best in the league .............  1 to 5 as a unit are not good enough and will be ripped apart by any decent side - and lets be honest Sheffield are a potentially league winning side.......

we won 1 heat ............  and if another person says we have strength in depth ............  ffs ....wake up .....we are not Hull 2004

3 maximums scored by opposition ....... whilst we have this team in the 28 competitive matches we will have I reckon will have a record 36 maximums scored against us this season ............. and no rider will score a max for the diamonds

We all know he’s not a no 1 and to be fair he has been put in a difficult situation by the make up of the team/promotion but 3 points even for a no3 should be better, however it’s the first meeting of the season,no practice day got to cut him a bit of slack if he rides to his average there can be no complaints

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

We all know he’s not a no 1 and to be fair he has been put in a difficult situation by the make up of the team/promotion but 3 points even for a no3 should be better, however it’s the first meeting of the season,no practice day got to cut him a bit of slack if he rides to his average there can be no complaints

Would you say Redcar are equally as awful as us then based on the result at Scunny and I think they had 3 maxs against them?

Like some say, cut them a bit of slack, its early days,,,, at least the team will always be trying,,, very ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

It’s not just this season though is it? Most seasons he’s ridden for us mainly at number 4 and some of his away performances are pathetic for someone of his ability and experience. Although I do agree it’s not his fault he is tasked with being our number 1. 

16 hours ago, graz gp said:

On reflection I believe they came to the conclusion that it gave the taller riders an unfair advantage as they could reach the ground easier and dig deeper trenches! Personally I would like to see riders settled and up to the tapes BEFORE the two minute time allowance expires, not just being astride their bike at the start and faffing around for several minutes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Would you say Redcar are equally as awful as us then based on the result at Scunny and I think they had 3 maxs against them?

nearly .............. they certainly wont be in the playoffs

however they may have the bragging rights of the north finishing 8th ... above us workington and berwick

16 hours ago, mauger65 said:

nearly .............. they certainly wont be in the playoffs

however they may have the bragging rights of the north finishing 8th ... above us workington and berwick

You may be right with that one based on current lineups, but I don't expect us or them to finish with our starting line-up.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, Cue Ball said:

Haven’t double points gone now? And somebody said last night that you couldn’t use tac subs in this competition... don’t know how true that is, maybe they just couldn’t persuade anybody to have the extra ride

Tactical Substitute rule does not apply in any competition which is played out over two legs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Tactical Substitute rule does not apply in any competition which is played out over two legs.

The meeting wasn't over two legs, though, was it?