British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Newcastle 05.04.18

amazing night  for the tigers and with a fit Bates in that team we look pretty darn good, Wright looking very stylish with Owlerton as his new home track. 

9 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

, lindgren has to be the worst number one this season.

The GSA's would suggest that also.

Did newcastle forget about the tac sub rule in place this season? Wouldn't have made a bit of difference, but was odd to see it not coming into play. 

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Did newcastle forget about the tac sub rule in place this season? Wouldn't have made a bit of difference, but was odd to see it not coming into play. 

Think there saving them  all up for just for home matches  now to get double points every time you do not use them away.. Lol

Edited by soupy

Haven’t double points gone now? And somebody said last night that you couldn’t use tac subs in this competition... don’t know how true that is, maybe they just couldn’t persuade anybody to have the extra ride

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Think there saving them  all up for just for home matches  now to get double points every time you do not use them away.. Lol

Who would you have out in as a tac sub?  All riders ride to their average and got 4-6 points.

13 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Who would you have out in as a tac sub?  All riders ride to their average and got 4-6 points.

Last night nobody as it was the first competitive meeting if you could of done.The riders rode to thereaverage Robson -2.02& Lindgren -5.21 is not riding to there average to me.

Highlighted every weakness in the Diamonds team. If Wilko and Morris can’t score at least 8 at reserve we have no chance.

That said, we have lost by more at Sheffield with better teams on paper

A very easy win for the Tigers. Watching Charles Wright flying around the boards on the second bend reminded me of a certain Mr Stead with his riding style, great to watch. Howarth and Bjerre looked as though they have carried on from last season. Kurtz was the same, if he could get a doubling up place i think he could really kick on. The two reserves looked very promising, both can gate and looked on the pace. They will only get better. So overhall very good. I know it was only the first match but it will be a very long season for the Newcastle on that showing. utt.

2 hours ago, soupy said:

Last night nobody as it was the first competitive meeting if you could of done.The riders rode to thereaverage Robson -2.02& Lindgren -5.21 is not riding to there average to me.

What are those riders averages away from home?  Robson getting paid 6 I would suggest is bang on.

1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

What are those riders averages away from home?  Robson getting paid 6 I would suggest is bang on.

Robson maybee yes but not Lindgren by a long way

I think Newcastle saw it more of a "blowing the cobwebs off" of a match, since it was our first meeting (with not even a press/practice day beforehand. Especially as we've neverdone particularly well at Sheffield even with a lot stronger top end. And Sheffield have had at least one fixture as all there team, as far as I'm aware, rode in Steady's testimonial. No reason to panic just yet.

Sheffield will definitely be in the top four barring injuries , they have a strong heat leader trio in Howarth, Wright and Bjerre.

Any team with only one race winner are going to be up against it to say the least, but to be fair to Newcastle 31pts round Owlerton will be par for course for many visiting teams this season.

• Like 2