British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gambo

FIM Longtrack Live on You Tube

The FIM is pleased to announce that the FIM Long Track World Championship will be streamed live on the FIM YouTube Channel.

The events will be transmitted by Polish company Sabmar TV who have long experience covering FIM and FIM Europe events as well as Polish League meetings. The highly respected Alex Raby will be commentating, and the programmes will include interviews, behind the scenes clips, the occasional outtake and the live draw for the following round.

• Herxheim, Germany 10th May
  • La Réole, France 16th June
  • Roden, The Netherlands 15th July
  • Eenrum, The Netherlands 19th August
  • Mühldorf, Germany 30th September
  • Morizès, France 1st September (Team Event)

6 hours ago, Gambo said:

The FIM is pleased to announce that the FIM Long Track World Championship will be streamed live on the FIM YouTube Channel.

The events will be transmitted by Polish company Sabmar TV who have long experience covering FIM and FIM Europe events as well as Polish League meetings. The highly respected Alex Raby will be commentating, and the programmes will include interviews, behind the scenes clips, the occasional outtake and the live draw for the following round.

• Herxheim, Germany 10th May
  • La Réole, France 16th June
  • Roden, The Netherlands 15th July
  • Eenrum, The Netherlands 19th August
  • Mühldorf, Germany 30th September
  • Morizès, France 1st September (Team Event)

That`s good news hopefully worth watching- 1st race in Herxheim is 12.30pm UK time

That really is excellent news. Hopefully a similar deal can be resurrected for ice racing one day. 

15 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

That really is excellent news. Hopefully a similar deal can be resurrected for ice racing one day. 

I’d say its all about just doing it with ice racing, or having the finances to do it. I mean dont they already a tv crew travelling with the series? And a series photographer as well.

7 hours ago, f-s-p said:

I’d say its all about just doing it with ice racing, or having the finances to do it. I mean dont they already a tv crew travelling with the series? And a series photographer as well.

Dorna always produced TV packages of all rounds on behalf of the FIM, with them being shown in the UK on minority motorsport channels. They've not been shown over here for a couple of years but I know the coverage was still being shown in dark corners of the internet on a pay per view basis. I raised the matter with the FIM Press Office who came up with a list of online outlets, most of which weren't available in the UK (geoblocking) or were subscription only. I just left them to get on with it.  With the absolute Russian domination it wasn't worth pushing the point too far. 

My comment was based on that same coverage still being recorded, just that it's not making it to the UK. Has it made it onto TV in Finland? 

The hope was that if the Longtrack could find its way into a pretty public platform then if the Dorna/FIM programmes are still being made maybe they might also be shown. 

14 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Dorna always produced TV packages of all rounds on behalf of the FIM, with them being shown in the UK on minority motorsport channels. They've not been shown over here for a couple of years but I know the coverage was still being shown in dark corners of the internet on a pay per view basis. I raised the matter with the FIM Press Office who came up with a list of online outlets, most of which weren't available in the UK (geoblocking) or were subscription only. I just left them to get on with it.  With the absolute Russian domination it wasn't worth pushing the point too far. 

My comment was based on that same coverage still being recorded, just that it's not making it to the UK. Has it made it onto TV in Finland? 

The hope was that if the Longtrack could find its way into a pretty public platform then if the Dorna/FIM programmes are still being made maybe they might also be shown. 

No they are not available here. Apart from Youtube, stuff pops up there also from FIM. I had forgotten the dorna deal, and the ingridients of it...

I have done what I should have done earlier in the conversation - look on You Tube. There I found the 2018 Dorna/FIM coverage!

Age is clearly claiming me. 

So, you can see for yourself. This is the Astana round. It's all on the tvfim channel. At least anyone who wants to catch up can.

• Like 1

But it wasnt live wasnt it? If it was, thats one more press release I’ve missed...

Ice meetings are indeed not live.

FIM always sends the FIM TV crew (Spain company, Interzona) to the ice meetings to film it, but they don't do live.

The last live coverage we saw in the UK was Eurosport's efforts using that road racing commentator who kept telling us how he used to watch speedway at Belle Vue in the seventies...

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The last live coverage we saw in the UK was Eurosport's efforts using that road racing commentator who kept telling us how he used to watch speedway at Belle Vue in the seventies...

The one and only Jack Burnicle. !!!!!!

23 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'd guess it's always good that the commentator even knows what a motorbike is. We have some good one's over here as well. Cant identify riders on the tapes but speak fluently about anything prior to mid 80's...

On 07/04/2018 at 12:33 PM, racers and royals said:

The one and only Jack Burnicle. !!!!!!

Thanks. The one who would introduce himself as "Hello, it's Jack here", as if we all knew him, presumably from his regular motorcycle work, presuming that all speedway fans were avid watchers of the other biker disciplines.

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and knows his stuff, sadly not speedway. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

On 8 April 2018 at 1:34 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Thanks. The one who would introduce himself as "Hello, it's Jack here", as if we all knew him, presumably from his regular motorcycle work, presuming that all speedway fans were avid watchers of the other biker disciplines.

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and knows his stuff, sadly not speedway. 

He certainly knows his stuff regarding other motorcycling sport,and is very good at the commentaries IMO .

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He certainly knows his stuff regarding other motorcycling sport,and is very good at the commentaries IMO .

Good, he came across as likeable, just a victim of the mentality that speedway is just another bike sport and followed by the same public.