British Speedway Forum

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

GALASHIEL was one io the areas affected last week but seven copies were delivered to Tesco yesterday ...

Tesco in Berwick don't stock them at all.

Excellent magazine

• Like 1

Sadly, we're probably reaching the stage where the magazine is better than this increasingly shambolic sport deserves.

Speedway has, what, maybe 25,000 regular, weekly attendees. How many copies does SS sell a week these days?

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Sadly, we're probably reaching the stage where the magazine is better than this increasingly shambolic sport deserves.

Speedway has, what, maybe 25,000 regular, weekly attendees. How many copies does SS sell a week these days?

NOT enough:angry:

Phil, how many extra subscriptions would make a big difference. EG would say an extra 100 regulars per year. Just thinking if you said 20 would be a massive difference it might get some on here who used to subscribe to take one out again. Tbh it's got me thinking about doing it

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Phil, how many extra subscriptions would make a big difference. EG would say an extra 100 regulars per year. Just thinking if you said 20 would be a massive difference it might get some on here who used to subscribe to take one out again. Tbh it's got me thinking about doing it

PROBABLY a minimum of 100... assuming they weren't already purchasing SS one way or another.

Ok, thanks for the reply il renew mine for the winter months. That's 1 towards 100

• Like 1

Mine is renewed and pleased that it will be posted shrink-wrapped by the new printers rather than the old brown envelope which never protected the mag from rain!!!

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Mine is renewed and pleased that it will be posted shrink-wrapped by the new printers rather than the old brown envelope which never protected the mag from rain!!!

HOPE they are rain proof:t: Thanks for renewing...

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

PROBABLY a minimum of 100... assuming they weren't already purchasing SS one way or another.

I renewed mine as it far better and more convenient than trawling up to Tesco’s. 
The SS is one of the best sports mags going, it’s excellent but SS are clearly suffering with the terminal decline in speedway. I sympathise as that must be a serious worry for all the management and staff as they can not do much to stop the rot caused by the clowns that (so called) run the sport!

On 10/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, Piotr Pyszny said:

They wish for 25000. I recall Mr.Rising saying up to 20000 on a good week I.e. Cardiff GP.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

They wish for 25000. I recall Mr.Rising saying up to 20000 on a good week I.e. Cardiff GP.

I WISH! Doubt whether there are that many people attending Brtish speedway let alone buying SS. 

25 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I WISH! Doubt whether there are that many people attending Brtish speedway let alone buying SS. 

Perhaps that was 10 years ago! Or have I added an extra nought. Someone said on here about 17-18000 per week attend?

I tell you what has improved in recent years in SS, the standard of photography. Must have some of the best snappers in the sports business given that the lighting at most tracks isn't conducive to taking decent photo's let alone anything moving at high speed.