British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Actually just picked the JC covered edition from the mailbox... So make it thursday delivery for this week.

I like my magazines in paper, never been that fussed about digital newspapers or magazines. And now that I've changed my main occupation, I stare at the screen (actually I have two) 7-9 hrs a day so reading my Speedway Star from the screen just dont feel that appealing... :blink:;)

JUST happy that you are still reading it. Sorry for the delay in delivery but that is something that is out of our control...

I much prefer to read the star sat on the sofa to staring at a pc screen, great mag, had it on subscription  for years good value, yes it arrives late at the moment mine came Monday  instead of Thursday but thats understandable at the moment, well done for continuing to get it out.

Just subscribed for a 13 week subscription, should keep me occupied for a few hours stuck in the house. 

52 minutes ago, therefused said:

Just subscribed for a 13 week subscription, should keep me occupied for a few hours stuck in the house. 

THANK you

18 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I much prefer to read the star sat on the sofa to staring at a pc screen, great mag, had it on subscription  for years good value, yes it arrives late at the moment mine came Monday  instead of Thursday but thats understandable at the moment, well done for continuing to get it out.

I sit on the sofa reading it on a tablet, or on the phone when I used to be allowed out of the house, or on the pc if I'm in my office. Each to their own. No one way is superior, just whatever suits the person and the moment. 

21 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Me too, as I spend mot of my work hours staring at a screen.  I often read at work where peeps will sometimes ask "did you see last nite's match, wasn't it great" I deliberately reply "Oh you mean Belle Vue v Swindon (or whoever) when Fricke came from nowhere to win , brilliant!" :D.  They often reply "no, Man U v Liverpool or (whoever)" :rofl:.  But whatever works for you, great read either way....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I sit on the sofa reading it on a tablet, or on the phone when I used to be allowed out of the house, or on the pc if I'm in my office. Each to their own. No one way is superior, just whatever suits the person and the moment. 

Never said or hinted it was superior mate, just stating my own preferred option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Never said or hinted it was superior mate, just stating my own preferred option.

Simply stating MY opinion. I'm allowed one as well. It was the way you phrased it that made it sound like you were trying to sound superior. "Staring at a pc screen". I don't stare. I read....

Rob McCaffery telling someone that they are trying to sound superior .. my irony meter has  gone crazy 

Edited by orion
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Simply stating MY opinion. I'm allowed one as well. It was the way you phrased it that made it sound like you were trying to sound superior. "Staring at a pc screen". I don't stare. I read....

With anything written it's the way you read it. I didn't see any issue with it 

• Like 2

I’ve had the digital version for two years now and the advantages are it arrives at midnight Wednesday and I can read it anytime on my phone.  
I don’t own a laptop just a smartphone so one thing that is a pain is the layout. I have to zoom in to read and features and photos that overlap pages makes that awkward. 
another thought which another poster suggested was a monthly direct debit rather than a yearly subscription.  I think that’s a great idea and would be more affordable to many more people. 
ive had the star every week since April 1985 and I still look forward to reading it every Thursday. Carry on the great work 

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’ve had the digital version for two years now and the advantages are it arrives at midnight Wednesday and I can read it anytime on my phone.  
I don’t own a laptop just a smartphone so one thing that is a pain is the layout. I have to zoom in to read and features and photos that overlap pages makes that awkward. 
another thought which another poster suggested was a monthly direct debit rather than a yearly subscription.  I think that’s a great idea and would be more affordable to many more people. 
ive had the star every week since April 1985 and I still look forward to reading it every Thursday. Carry on the great work 

THANKS for your thoughts. Monthly direct debits are a problem with banks. You can of course renew every 13 weeks and online editions can be purchased over a variety of periods.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS for your thoughts. Monthly direct debits are a problem with banks. You can of course renew every 13 weeks and online editions can be purchased over a variety of periods.

What problems do they cause, Philip? Not a dig, I'm just genuinely curious as it seems fine for TV subscriptions, car tax and a lot of other things.

THINK it largely depends oil the scale of your business. We have enquired of our bank and been told that a monthly direct debit facility isn't available. Might also have something to with the sum of money involved. It could be that our bank (maybe others too) are not interested in direct debits for sums as little as £10. 

• Like 1

I've just taken out an annual subscription, having let my previous one lapse many years ago when my team closed down. I still buy the occasional one  at the supermarket, but thought it was time to subscribe again. I think we are very lucky to have a weekly magazine of such quality for our sport and I'm looking forward to it coming through the letterbox again. 

• Like 1