British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THINK it largely depends oil the scale of your business. We have enquired of our bank and been told that a monthly direct debit facility isn't available. Might also have something to with the sum of money involved. It could be that our bank (maybe others too) are not interested in direct debits for sums as little as £10. 

I have two model railway magazines on subscription and one of them charges me £3.45 a month by direct debit. Maybe you need to push your bank a little harder as Bauer Media can do it with their bank.

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

I have two model railway magazines on subscription and one of them charges me £3.45 a month by direct debit. Maybe you need to push your bank a little harder as Bauer Media can do it with their bank.

You've answered your own question there. Bauer are massive, and the scale of their payments processed each week will, with no disrespect to Phil, dwarf what the Star will pull in.

Interesting you mention Bauer, they are the ones who have pulled the plug on their NZ magazines with immediate effect. 

Haven't received my copy of the Star this week (W/E April 11th). I appreciate that things are abnormal and am not whinging about this, but as this is my first week of the renewed subscription, I'm just wondering whether there might have been a hiccup?

14 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

No star yet(sat 11) bath night going to have to wait :wub:

MINE arrived today. Postal service very erratic but copies still leaving printers in the early hours of Wednesday. Dave is back in the office for a short period on Monday morning.

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MINE arrived today. Postal service very erratic but copies still leaving printers in the early hours of Wednesday. Dave is back in the office for a short period on Monday morning.

Postal service being hit with people off sick, self-isolating and, of course, every home has had to receive a letter from the PM.

Just arrived with this months"backtrack" off to a quiet beach nearby where no one goes to sit on a bench and read in peace .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:48 PM, waiheke1 said:

You've answered your own question there. Bauer are massive, and the scale of their payments processed each week will, with no disrespect to Phil, dwarf what the Star will pull in.

Interesting you mention Bauer, they are the ones who have pulled the plug on their NZ magazines with immediate effect. 

My wife works for Bauer Media in radio, think she said Yvonne the owner is about 7th richest woman in the world or Europe or what ever.

Doesnt really matter if they say your networth is 3,2 billion... :lol: So yes, it's a bit different for Pinegen...

Panic over - my Speedway Star turned up late but still very readable. Congratulations to the staff for keeping up the standard even though nothing is going on at present.

Still waiting on last week's edition.

Sat in some sorting office somewhere I'm sure..

(right thread this time)

Star still getting to local Supermarket thankfully - well done to all involved.

Post seems to be very delayed from some areas, had a letter sent from Bank in Sheffield today posted 31 March 1st Class yet had letter posted in Scotland on Thursday 9th April at same time.

Got to be patient. 

Last weeks Star arrived at 1.00 pm  today   It seems that the Post Office is only delivering to our street when there is a  full bag of mail to come to this street

44 minutes ago, fredbogge said:

Last weeks Star arrived at 1.00 pm  today   It seems that the Post Office is only delivering to our street when there is a  full bag of mail to come to this street

WISH there was something that we could do about that, but ....

However, we are endeavouring to make each issue as non-date sensitive as possible so that it is worth reading whenever it arrives.