British Speedway Forum

I don't think anyone should be blamed at present. Andrew Skeels is  doing sterling work in getting out a weekly magazine (tell everyone you know to buy it) and the postal workers are at no small risk in their duties and entitled to take time off either for the illness or other stress reasons and need to be covered.  I'm still waiting patiently for a £2m inheritance cheque from the estate of a relative I didn't even know I had, until a mail from his solicitor, landed in my SPAM box,   but as my admin payment of £1,000 was taken from my account last month I know it's on the way. :unsure:  

;)

5 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

I don't think anyone should be blamed at present. Andrew Skeels is  doing sterling work in getting out a weekly magazine (tell everyone you know to buy it) and the postal workers are at no small risk in their duties and entitled to take time off either for the illness or other stress reasons and need to be covered.  I'm still waiting patiently for a £2m inheritance cheque from the estate of a relative I didn't even know I had, until a mail from his solicitor, landed in my SPAM box,   but as my admin payment of £1,000 was taken from my account last month I know it's on the way. :unsure:  

You could always wait until travel restrictions are lifted and go to Nigeria to collect in person ;)

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Today’s issue is first class !!! Lots of innovative articles and interviews. Really enjoyed the riders reviews on the tracks. 
I would like to see the star continue in this way once the pandemic is over and we resume racing. 
in the age we live in now the vast majority can access results and local reports from every club so perhaps less emphasis should be given to the results and a bit more on new features.  
I do enjoy the retro side but only if it’s of the time I’ve spectated otherwise it’s of no interest. This week’s issue imo is spot on. Well done to all involved. 

• Like 4

Yeah, brilliant issue of the Speedway Star this week, including part 1 of a UK track anorak's paradise :D.  I do love reading rider's opinions of the tracks,  'Subscribe To The Star'; you know it makes sense....

Edited by martinmauger
(hopefully) clarified humour
  • Like 3

I'm going to order a subscription now but I'd like this week's, sounds good. Is the issue date I put in today, tomorrow or Saturday? 

• Like 1

Saturday 18th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno said:

I'm going to order a subscription now but I'd like this week's, sounds good. Is the issue date I put in today, tomorrow or Saturday? 

CALL 020-83351113 tomorrow morning. They will start a sub and send you this week's copy

This week's issue is one of the very best...especially old farts who recall the heady days

Strange how the horrible effects of this virus has resulted in a totally new concept with the S.S.

Some of the comments show that while news (or gossip) is plentiful online, it takes the Star to give accuracy and perspective. The features in this week's issue are excellent. It shows the strength of the magazine how faced with an appalling situation it can rise to the challenge. The rider analysis of tracks is a superb example of what the Star excels at. I just hope that these efforts are backed-up by the supporters. There's many times I've needed the Star. Now it's time to repay. 

• Like 2

Great issue today. Particularly the articles on Eric Linden and the film regarding  the Gundersen and Neilsen rivalry.

When does that film come out? Will it be in the cinema somewhere or out on DVD?

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CALL 020-83351113 tomorrow morning. They will start a sub and send you this week's copy

Already ordered on line Phil, looking forward to getting it again. Thanks anyway. I know it may be a few days but that's ok

Fantastic issue this week, enjoyed the on track / off track piece which looks like becoming a regular, riders talking about tracks and gaffer's greatest gaffer, new stuff, well done to all involved at the Star brilliant work I'm locked in for a copy every week during lockdown!!! The news stuff from the clubs is different to anything online too which is great to see. Keep up the good work.

Mine not arrived yet but arrived Saturday last week so fingers crossed...sounds very positive feedback from all who have read..

Great news.

It's nice to be contributing a weekly retro interview for our friends at Speedway Star. This week's Q&A is with former Denmark, Halifax and Belle Vue star Mike Lohmann.

We urge you all to subscribe to the Star at www.speedwaystar.net

Lohmann spread_tiny.jpg

Edited by TonyMac
  • Like 2