British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

I'm still waiting for mine !

Mine is arriving on the following Tuesday. I assume that a shortage of post workers due to the virus is the reason.

Don't miss this week's Speedway Star for our latest 2-page Backtracking interview. This time we look back with 'Mr King's Lynn' - the one and only Terry Betts, who reveals that he used to receive a cut of turnstile receipts at Lynn as part of his deal with promoters Maurice Littlechild and Cyril Crane.
To subscribe, go to www.speedwaystar.net
Or phone Dave on 020 8 335 1113

Betts 1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Mine is arriving on the following Tuesday. I assume that a shortage of post workers due to the virus is the reason.

HUGE variance in delivery days ... judging by the number of comments about this week's issue on social media yesterday, many had obviously already got their copy.

To me the STAR has over the past few weeks become a truly brilliant magazine.

Possibly all these highly interesting, and well crafted articles have been a sheer delight during troubled times.

Some great journalism...well done you guys

• Like 5

3 hours ago, spiegal said:

To me the STAR has over the past few weeks become a truly brilliant magazine.

Possibly all these highly interesting, and well crafted articles have been a sheer delight during troubled times.

Some great journalism...well done you guys

TA ...

• Like 1

Phil, why wouldn't monthly or maybe fortnightly work? Surely better than shutting down for a few months

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bruno said:

Phil, why wouldn't monthly or maybe fortnightly work? Surely better than shutting down for a few months

BASICALLY not enough revenue from one issue as opposed to four (or five) to cover costs, especially salaries, National Insurance, etc, office rent, rates and we wouldn't get into supermarkets and many newsagents.  Plenty of other reasons too. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BASICALLY not enough revenue from one issue as opposed to four (or five) to cover costs, especially salaries, National Insurance, etc, office rent, rates and we wouldn't get into supermarkets and many newsagents.  Plenty of other reasons too. 

Phil: I wonder what reaction Bob would have taken back in the 1950s if faced with a similar situation to the present one? My sincere and very best wishes for success in these worrying times.

No fish and chips this last 5 weeks and the thought of no speedway star every week omg stop the world i want to get off :D

• Like 1

I've just ordered the latest edition of "The Star" as it contains a feature on the City "Rebels"...looking forward in receiving it and will bring back so many great memories!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gustix said:

Phil: I wonder what reaction Bob would have taken back in the 1950s if faced with a similar situation to the present one? My sincere and very best wishes for success in these worrying times.

WHO knows John and thanks for your thoughts...

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

No fish and chips this last 5 weeks and the thought of no speedway star every week omg stop the world i want to get off :D

CAN get fish and chips ... if you go to our local and phone them with your order while outside they will bring it out. 

39 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CAN get fish and chips ... if you go to our local and phone them with your order while outside they will bring it out. 

Is it far from workington?:rofl:

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I've just ordered the latest edition of "The Star" as it contains a feature on the City "Rebels"...looking forward in receiving it and will bring back so many great memories!

A brilliant read Steve and this week's edition will bring back loads of happy moments maybe you will have a tear in your eye.!!!!Steve Weatherly still looks very well  still young looking and where have all the  years gone??.Going back to White City Steve 1976 a World Semi final Championship round there did you go ?? i have the programme a 17 year old Michael Lee just failed to reach the British Final on 8 points after scoring 5 points from his first two rides.After Kennett Lee must of had one of the best records at that circuit i can remember coming home disappointed that Michael did not win the Intercontinental final in 1983.This  after making a horrendous mistake and letting Carter through in one ride he still qualified though but Norden 83 was one of my biggest disappointments in speedway.

• Like 1