British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

So help a rider out to make his way in the sport or put it into a money pit of the club...though can see it might (?) make the difference between the club surviving or not if a large amount of sponsorship is paid.

I agree with you putting money in to the club, but what did clubs do with the money Sky put in ?

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

I agree with you putting money in to the club, but what did clubs do with the money Sky put in ?

Do not know the finances involved or how much went to certain clubs, is it private information, was it ever known exactly how much was paid and to whom? 

Our timeless retro interview in this week's (w/e May 16 issue) Speedway Star is with former Polish No.1 Zenon Plech.

He twice challenged very strongly for the world title but, regardless of those efforts, he won thousands of friends and admirers for his fearless throttle-bashing antics.

And also for being a really nice, humble bloke - as anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting Zenon will testify.

To subscribe to Speedway Star, go to www.speedwaystar.net

34_speedway.jpg

Edited by TonyMac

Two weeks on still no magazine. Post system must be in a mess.

Still my fault for living in the Outer Hebrides.:blink:

23 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Two weeks on still no magazine. Post system must be in a mess.

Still my fault for living in the Outer Hebrides.:blink:

CALL 020 83351113 tomorrow before 2.30pm ... Dave will mail those you have missed. Might get them for Christmas:neutral:

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CALL 020 83351113 tomorrow before 2.30pm ... Dave will mail those you have missed. Might get them for Christmas:neutral:

Called on Tuesday thanks.

13 hours ago, sommelier said:

I honestly feel for you spending the amount you have & then having the engine let go

Let go is an understatement totally destroyed

Couldn't find any Stars in Swindon yesterday tried various newsagents that always stick it plus Asda just wondering if there's an issue with distribution? Which is obviously understandable but first time since Llllllllllllockdown 

44 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Couldn't find any Stars in Swindon yesterday tried various newsagents that always stick it plus Asda just wondering if there's an issue with distribution? Which is obviously understandable but first time since Llllllllllllockdown 

NOT that we know of... will enquire

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT that we know of... will enquire

Just been updated by distribution company ... copies will be on sale today as they did not arrive into wholesale until yesterday.

• Like 1

A WHILE back a poster on here bemoaned the lack of an interview with Andreas Jonsson ...well, your prayers have been answered. He talks to Paul Burbidge in SS this week. Compelling stuff. 

• Like 3

Philip Rising: What's the plan for covering Polish racing once it starts?

I would welcome detailed coverage while we have no UK racing., ie: more details than we would normally expect (and need) in a usual season.

• Like 2

I have yet to receive w/e 16th May edition (only got w/e 9th May on the 13th) - it has been very hit & miss with delivery (not blaming SS for this, but it's very frustrating). If nothing arrives by Friday I'll have to phone Dave - especially as Royal Mail no longer delivering on Saturdays now. Ironically, I had letter from SS today advising my subscription is up for renewal.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, hagonshocker said:

For a last resort Shocker Grange Drive shops always stock it if you are stuck.Got mine a day late last week because of the Bank Holiday.otherwise  it is always there on a Thursday.Three people including me order the Star from that shop never realised we had three speedway supporters in Stratton.!!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Haha 1