British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, HGould said:

The Speedway Star has been outstanding during Covid and everyone involved editorially deserves a massive pat on the back.

The Distribution in these challenging times has been excellent.

I have though noticed a trend in the articles each week involving current weekly Club updates. An increasing number end with a plug for a Curtis Sport magazine/programme. That's fine if the article would have been written anyway but it's becoming a bit too obvious that some Clubs (some dormant) are getting column inches for nothing much more than an advert.

Would it not be better for that Organisation to pay for and take out an advert, supporting the Star financially, rather than it's writers to piggy back Club news with what is basically an advert?

6 Clubs have this type of advert in 5 pages dedicated to "news items" this week between pages 10 and 14. Further plugs on page 39 and 41.

Major advertising income opportunity being missed here?

Some of them are beginning to look suspiciously like advertorials, so hopefully Curtis Sport are paying.

Continually annoyed by Curtis Sport stuff ... Spoiling some of my enjoyment of the excellent work being done everywhere else in the mag.

• Like 2

Shock Horror, I have never waited in anticipation for the Star to be delivered. I ripped it off the postman hands eagerly opening it that I thought  there will be at least a two page spread on Kenny Carter. To me dis-believe absolutely nothing. One word some's my feelings up UNBELIEVEABLE  

Another great read this week..

Best two compliments I can pay it are, one, I now buy it every week and, two, I still have things to read about well into the week after, such are the diverse articles that are in there and the detail that they are covering..

An outstanding magazine, especially given the current situation..

• Like 7

Well there is a piece in this weeks edition from one bloke that is worth reading ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Rosco`s column was different class  :D

Did he have anything of interest to say?

While I dared to criticise the elite cartel that obviously runs the mag these days and obviously the cage doesn’t like being poked, there has been a marked improvement in the interviews the last few weeks and that doesn’t include the best of them all (mine ;)) but it’s still clear that a lot “their work” is going on but my biggest bugbear is the filters used on the photos, what is it with photographers in all mags etc are using filters, stop it, a good pic is a good pic it doesn’t need bloody filters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Well there is a piece in this weeks edition from one bloke that is worth reading ;)

Spot on there Dean...

That piece on Andreas Jonsson was excellent...:D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I couldn`t possibly say :)

Never a fan of him as a rider but he always talked a good talk!

14 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Still waiting Philip.......

It arrived today, so now up to date.........

On 5/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, Grand Central said:

Continually annoyed by Curtis Sport stuff ... Spoiling some of my enjoyment of the excellent work being done everywhere else in the mag.

Makes a change from the continuous plugging of Travel Plus Tours