British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Makes a change from the continuous plugging of Travel Plus Tours

Who no doubt will be going the same way as Shearings?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Who no doubt will be going the same way as Shearings?

WHAT makes you think that?

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT makes you think that?

Are they still taking bookings for Speedway Tours? Yes they've been good servants but the lack of speedway must raise concerns?

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Are they still taking bookings for Speedway Tours? Yes they've been good servants but the lack of speedway must raise concerns?

OBVIOUSLY not at the moment ... the lack of speedway raises concerns for all of us but I have no doubt that if fans can attend SGPs in 2021 then TPT will be there to assist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

OBVIOUSLY not at the moment ... the lack of speedway raises concerns for all of us but I have no doubt that if fans can attend SGPs in 2021 then TPT will be there to assist.

I certainly hope so...just hope TPT can remain solvent during these troubled times without obviously knowing their business infrastructure.

• Like 1

Don’t know if it’s just me ,but I’m not impressed by the Photos of the year,to much Photo Shopping.Look very false.IMO

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

JAMES Easter has been a mate for more years than I can remember and both he and TPT have made a tremendous contribution (s) to speedway over the years. Unlike some of his predecessors, when thousands travelled to World Finals, James has remained loyal to speedway and puts his heart, sole and considerable reputation into his tours. No one is forced to go with them but hundreds who do come back every year because they like the itineraries, know that the hotels and travel arrangements will be perfect and that everything is taken care of.

I make no apology for any favourable references to TPT.

It also seems as if TPT puts money in SS with their multi-page supplements advertising their tours.

Not unreasonable for an occasional editorial mention.

My star always comes on Thursday, expected today this week but it's not arrived and with no Saturday deliveries anymore it's going to be Monday now. Typical. Normally no problems with Royal Mail round here

1 hour ago, bruno said:

My star always comes on Thursday, expected today this week but it's not arrived and with no Saturday deliveries anymore it's going to be Monday now. Typical. Normally no problems with Royal Mail round here

IT'S frustrating for us as well as you....

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, steve roberts said:

I certainly hope so...just hope TPT can remain solvent during these troubled times without obviously knowing their business infrastructure.

I can assure you that I run this company in a totally professional  way. ALL..repeat ALL clients money is held in a separate account...and we were lucky..not clever... in that the monies paid to airlines in advance are in the process of refund...same with 2 meeting stadium tickets....same with 2 hotels. Had this dreadful shutdown happened a month later, it doesn't bear thinking about. We have contacted all affected clients, and once extra meetings are OFFICIALLY cancelled, they too will be looked after. We have offered financial structured refund policy, and 80% of our superb clients money is deposit only...and we are grateful that everyone has been supporting us whilst we re-structure and plan.  Nobody will suffer financially..except (sadly) yours truly. However I do take exception to your remarks about (a fine company) Shearings, and I am advised that your statement is libellous...We are NOT taking bookings on anything..and in fact have already cancelled everything up to September.and should this quarantine continue, then I will cancel any affected tour..I will nOt risk my clients money, well being or health..Should you wish to speak with me then I would be happy to put you correct. As for Speedway Star the management, staff and product is an organisation Speedway should be proud of. The product of late has been amazing given these troubled times...and i am both proud and grateful to be associated with them.   

Edited by spiegal
spelling and updated information
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, spiegal said:

I can assure you that I run this company in a totally professional  way. ALL..repeat ALL clients money is held in a separate account...and we were lucky..not clever... in that the monies paid to airlines in advance are in the process of refund...same with 2 meeting stadium tickets....same with 2 hotels. Had this dreadful shutdown happened a month later, it doesn't bear thinking about. We have contacted all affected clients, and once extra meetings are OFFICIALLY cancelled, they too will be looked after. We have offered financial structured refund policy, and 80% of our superb clients money is deposit only...and we are grateful that everyone has been supporting us whilst we re-structure and plan.  Nobody will suffer financially..except (sadly) yours truly. However I do take exception to your remarks about (a fine company) Shearings, and I am advised that your statement is libellous...We are NOT taking bookings on anything..and in fact have already cancelled everything up to September.and should this quarantine continue, then I will cancel any affected tour..I will nOt risk my clients money, well being or health..Should you wish to speak with me then I would be happy to put you correct. As for Speedway Star the management, staff and product is an organisation Speedway should be proud of. The product of late has been amazing given these troubled times...and i am both proud and grateful to be associated with them.   

Apologies but no malice was intended except that obviously the travel industry has suffered badly together with tourism and the lesiure industry generallly during the pandemic and was only making a sincere observation that hopefully things will be okay within TPT as it's a service I have personally used in the past and found it to be a superb organisation in all aspects and well respected within the speedway fraternity.

33 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Apologies but no malice was intended except that obviously the travel industry has suffered badly together with tourism and the lesiure industry generallly during the pandemic and was only making a sincere observation that hopefully things will be okay within TPT as it's a service I have personally used in the past and found it to be a superb organisation in all aspects and well respected within the speedway fraternity.

Many thanks   and gratefully accepted...as you may appreciate

indeed many nights of late have been sleepless...but if this business was that easy every bugger would be doing It....wish yo well and thanks again. james

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

JAMES Easter has been a mate for more years than I can remember and both he and TPT have made a tremendous contribution (s) to speedway over the years. Unlike some of his predecessors, when thousands travelled to World Finals, James has remained loyal to speedway and puts his heart, sole and considerable reputation into his tours. No one is forced to go with them but hundreds who do come back every year because they like the itineraries, know that the hotels and travel arrangements will be perfect and that everything is taken care of.

I make no apology for any favourable references to TPT.

Well said! I endorse your comment.

15 hours ago, bruno said:

My star also used to arrive regularly on Thursday but over the last few months it’s also been the occasional Fridays, like you mine hasn’t arrived yet and even taking into account the BH last Monday it’s a pretty poor effort by Royal Mail to deliver something that’s printed just 16 miles from my HA with a first class stamp.

I am assuming it was posted on Tuesday.