British Speedway Forum

So I go into my attic loads of old speedway stars up there 1960s etc found a 1958 copy forgot I had 6d cheap

Back to getting mine from Cannings in Leigh. Its reopened. Been swapping which supermarket i got from during lockdown. Never missed.

1 minute ago, kitten2502 said:

Guess what? Mine hasn't  :(

IF you haven't received a subscription copy by Monday morning please call Dave on 0208-335 1113 and he will mail one from Surbiton. We are trying to make enquiries about why your postcode is consistently delayed.

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF you haven't received a subscription copy by Monday morning please call Dave on 0208-335 1113 and he will mail one from Surbiton. We are trying to make enquiries about why your postcode is consistently delayed.

Thanks Philip, but it'll turn up eventually. I don't want to put you guys to any more expense :t:

On 6/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, kitten2502 said:

Thanks Philip, but it'll turn up eventually. I don't want to put you guys to any more expense :t:

WE have been informed by RM that there have been some problems with B postcodes. Whether they will do anything about it is another matter

A brilliant article in this week's magazine by Ove and Oaksie...worth the cost of the magazine on its own..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE have been informed by RM that there have been some problems with B postcodes. Whether they will do anything about it is another matter

I saw a video on social video when we had the heavy rain a week or so back of water gushing in through the roof of a sorting office in Birmingham. Subsequently I've seen a few people posting that they have had no post for a week. Probably that flood and damage has caused a backlog. 

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Thanks Philip - it arrived yesterday. I strongly suspect we're only getting one delivery a week with the amount of mail delivered at the same time. 

Great article by Ove Fundin. Makes you wonder if Ove realises that the youths who spend so much money on all that equipment do so just for show. The highly decorated van indicating to those who don't know anything about speedway, that this must be a highly successful sportsman, famed throughout the motorcycling world.

One could imagine those youths reading the article that lists Ove's achievements  and the way he (and others) went about it and saying 'yes but we can swan around with all that paraphernalia looking the part, getting all the plaudits, without all that effort you put in'.

I don't doubt that this crossed Ove's mind and I don't doubt that he realises that what he has said won't make any difference at all. 

• Like 1

I dont think Ove was too bothered about a showy display, even to riding the track spare. But he got the best out of what he rode. Just like Leon Madsen can get his bike out of corners at a gallop, OF had the skilll to get both wheels in line asap and get the drive.

• Like 1

Ove Fundin Fan ...... you mention Leon Madsen (who's he? and what has he won? ) and Ove Fundin in the same sentence. LMAO.

Different sport back in Ove's days. One bike  with the front wheel removed, slung in the boot of a car, or on a makeshift bike rack.  Not a sponsor sticker in sight.

• Like 1

picking up lockdown worth of Star's to read through later off my dad :D

• Like 1