British Speedway Forum

Another excellent edition this week..

Well done to all in maintaining such a high standard..

Edited by mikebv

I'm really getting into Polish Speedway. Was always a quick skim in the past to see if any Eastbourne riders got a mention. Following it now and reading the heat details.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

WILL the back issues for digital subscribers which currently go back to 2013 be added to in the near future?

I expect they start from the date when the Star went digital so I doubt it would be a high priority to go back and digitise earlier issues, sadly. When I mentioned all those back issues were available and might be a useful selling point I suspected that was news to them. As you can imagine they've probably got more pressing matters to think about right now. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

27 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I expect they start from the date when the Star went digital so I doubt it would be a high priority to go back and digitise earlier issues, sadly. When I mentioned all those back issues were available and might be a useful selling point I suspected that was news to them. As you can imagine they've probably got more pressing matters to think about right now. 

THANKS Rob, you are right. 

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS Rob, you are right. 

Glad to help, especially at this difficult time. 

Mine arrived this morning and again a brilliant read. Great balance of news and features, the Star team are going above and beyond IMO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Mine arrived this morning and again a brilliant read. Great balance of news and features, the Star team are going above and beyond IMO.

THANKS ... it is a battle to keep our heads above water right now 

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS ... it is a battle to keep our heads above water right now 

Could you maybe get Dave to mention the magazine a few times when he is on? 

Captured Speedway audience and all that..

A few "great article about 'x'" etc.. "Just 'xx' subscription for a year" "Website is" etc etc etc..

Been a great read during the summer..

Hope all works out, you all do the sport proud.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Could you maybe get Dave to mention the magazine a few times when he is on? 

Captured Speedway audience and all that..

A few "great article about 'x'" etc.. "Just 'xx' subscription for a year" "Website is" etc etc etc..

Been a great read during the summer..

Hope all works out, you all do the sport proud.

Sadly I doubt his employers would be too impressed if he employed the direct sell about pricing. There's only so far you can go with endorsements but I'd suggest the occasional mention such as "I read in Speedway Star" as you suggest would probably get through. It all depends on station policy. 

I once got in trouble for borrowing a colleague's tie from wardrobe when I'd forgotten mine. 

"NEVER wear that tie - I get paid every time I wear it on air!"  I looked carefully and along the edge of a stripe was the name of a prominent brewery.....

Product placement/endorsement can be a very touchy subject in TV. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robbo 403 said:

And you being teatotal Rob.

Well, I wouldn't drink what they were brewing ;)

He was ex-BBC so knew what he was doing :D

Sadly I am teetoal these days - not by choice (no, not due to over-use either). 

No star again this week yet, after years of it coming on a Thursday it very rarely does now. Had a word with the postie who informed me they only deliver every other day now !!!!!