British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, bruno said:

No star again this week yet, after years of it coming on a Thursday it very rarely does now. Had a word with the postie who informed me they only deliver every other day now !!!!!

I was told similar in that they 'only deliver to an area when there is a sufficient amount of mail".  One can only imagine the reply on informing one's boss, or even customers, "I'm not doing anything until there is sufficient to make it worth my while"....

59 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

I was told similar in that they 'only deliver to an area when there is a sufficient amount of mail".  One can only imagine the reply on informing one's boss, or even customers, "I'm not doing anything until there is sufficient to make it worth my while"....

CERTAINLY isn't making our life an easier... very frustrating

Still not come today Phil , we rarely get Saturday mail tho. Hopefully Monday. 

Yes, sadly down here in Exeter it is a similar situation.  More of a novelty in recent weeks to receive it on a Thursday.

As an aside, is it possible to swap the remaining issues on the paper-based magazine to the digital version?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, a4poster said:

Yes, sadly down here in Exeter it is a similar situation.  More of a novelty in recent weeks to receive it on a Thursday.

As an aside, is it possible to swap the remaining issues on the paper-based magazine to the digital version?

Thanks in advance.

YES, call Dave on 020-8335 1113

On 9/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, martinmauger said:

Its now 18-30 Monday 14th and my Speedway Star must be traveling by SNAIL Mail.. SO much for a first class postal service  that is supposed to deliver first class post the next day.     

Is it possible for the magazine staff complain to the G P O  about this very poor service that they are paying for??

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

Its now 18-30 Monday 14th and my Speedway Star must be traveling by SNAIL Mail.. SO much for a first class postal service  that is supposed to deliver first class post the next day.     

Is it possible for the magazine staff complain to the G P O  about this very poor service that they are paying for??

WE do that on a regular basis. Deaf ears comes to mind. Our apologies. If you don't get your regular copy on a Friday at the latest call 020-83351113 and Dave will post a replacement that day.

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE do that on a regular basis. Deaf ears comes to mind. Our apologies. If you don't get your regular copy on a Friday at the latest call 020-83351113 and Dave will post a replacement that day.

Thanks for the offer BUT I can only hope that by Friday I will have the 12th and the 19th copies, do you know if other publications have the same problem ? 

10 minutes ago, archie21 said:

Thanks for the offer BUT I can only hope that by Friday I will have the 12th and the 19th copies, do you know if other publications have the same problem ? 

NO but various sorting offices have been claiming that reduced staff caused by Covid etc have resulted in late deliveries.

14 hours ago, archie21 said:

Try emailing a complaint to your local Royal Mail area manager, funnily enough they don’t appear to like complaints but it generally rectifies the problem.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, archie21 said:

Hang the flags out The Royal Mail Snail arrived with my Speedway Star this morning !! After talking to the posti he told me a couple of interesting things.

1: He said that magazines are now a low priority and could be held back if there was a lot of other mail

2;  The fact that the Star was in a clear packet made it easy to spot, even though it has a first class  stamp  it could be held back.

3:  He also said that magazines in brown envelopes  ( even known as mags ) would not be held back.

It makes you wonder what the point of paying for first class mail   

That makes sense I rarely had a problem when the star was in the brown envelope but it's a nightmare now. Last 4 weeks have seen it Friday twice, Saturday once and Monday this week

Just now, bruno said:

That makes sense I rarely had a problem when the star was in the brown envelope but it's a nightmare now. Last 4 weeks have seen it Friday twice, Saturday once and Monday this week

WE will take it up with Royal Mail ... first class is first class no matter the wrapper

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, martinmauger said:

Be real ffs! Postmen have to make many direct contacts with members of the public. They could go one better IMO and decline on making any deliveries while we have 'the Pandemic situation'!!! You are only having late delivery of a speedway magazine. Hardly a live threatening matter.

Edited by Guest

I find all this very strange.

In my business i send and receive small packages daily from and to my suppliers and I always use first class post ... I genuinely cannot remember a parcel that has taken more than two days in either direction for a good number of YEARS. It is usually next day.

Mine are usually small boxes around 10cm x 10 cm x 20cm and going by the standard first class rate for that size.

What can be happening that is so different just because they are so obviously magazines ... And it is happening so widespread and so often ?

Is this an industry wide problem that other mag publishers find happens to them ?

How can my experience with Royal Mail be so incredibly different. And honestly covid hasn't affected it at all. Except the Post Office queue is now non existant.

Edited by Grand Central