British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, gustix said:

Be real ffs! Postmen have to make many direct contacts with members of the public. They could go one better IMO and decline on making any deliveries while we have 'the Pandemic situation'!!! You are only having late delivery of a speedway magazine. Hardly a live threatening matter.

I bet you would feel different if it was your business  and you are paying for a service that you are not getting. This has been a problem with magazines and the post well before the Pandemic situation, so please dont sound like a politician and blame the virus.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, archie21 said:

I bet you would feel different if it was your business  and you are paying for a service that you are not getting. This has been a problem with magazines and the post well before the Pandemic situation, so please dont sound like a politician and blame the virus.

Well! That comment has certainly put me in my place "so to speak"!!!!

Out of interest: I wonder how long the comment will be here before it catches the Mod's attention for his verdict?

Edited by Guest

On 9/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, gustix said:

Be real ffs! Postmen have to make many direct contacts with members of the public. They could go one better IMO and decline on making any deliveries while we have 'the Pandemic situation'!!! You are only having late delivery of a speedway magazine. Hardly a live threatening matter.

I don't get into online spats but I probably should have been more clear that I was referring to Speedway Star and general post deliveries before the pandemic struck.  And you have no absolutely no idea of the I correspondence I rely on receiving and being able to send, much of which really is very important indeed....

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, gustix said:

Only when they are delivering certain things - the bog standard stuff is just dump and go. I haven't seen my postie in 4 years maybe more. Do you have a postman in your family per chance ?

Anyway, if not, and you're just tetchy because you're waiting on something, you know I'm local and always willing to help with any deliveries you need.

3 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Only when they are delivering certain things - the bog standard stuff is just dump and go. I haven't seen my postie in 4 years maybe more. Do you have a postman in your family per chance ?

Anyway, if not, and you're just tetchy because you're waiting on something, you know I'm local and always willing to help with any deliveries you need.

I have a great relationship with my postman/woman...always polite and leaves any small parcels in a designated area around the back if I'm not around.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I have a great relationship with my postman/woman...always polite and leaves any small parcels in a designated area around the back if I'm not around.

The same for me steve roberts. Our postie has worked my area for many years and is extremely helpful at all times.

This week's SS delivered by postman as usual before 10.00 am this morning.

We get a lot of different mail delivery people depending on the time of year. Yesterday it was not one that I've seen before, he delivered the mail for my neighbour on my right to us and our mail to the neighbour on my left who sometimes stays with her daughter for a couple of days.My son was expecting an item and luckily she was at home and brought in it to him.

Speaking as I find fair to add that while all deliveries have been affected by the current situation, my Speedway Star has only been delayed the once....

Edited by martinmauger
clarified fairness

Renewed my subscription today. The staff at the Star have done an amazing job with the content during the pandemic and I cannot praise them enough.  

12 minutes ago, tigerowl said:

Renewed my subscription today. The staff at the Star have done an amazing job with the content during the pandemic and I cannot praise them enough.  

THANK you ...

Another week and no star again, obviously a local issue. I don't do complaining but after working for the Post Office for 38 years and the last 19 years of that as a postie maybe it's time I did. Seems obvious that since the star went to see thru packaging it's made a difference. But as Phillip says first class is first class

12 hours ago, bruno said:

Another week and no star again, obviously a local issue. I don't do complaining but after working for the Post Office for 38 years and the last 19 years of that as a postie maybe it's time I did. Seems obvious that since the star went to see thru packaging it's made a difference. But as Phillip says first class is first class

Maybe it is a fellow worker taking his revenge on you for those 38years:D;)

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 1

WE are endeavouring to take up the issue of discriminating against certain types of mail even if first class postage is paid as far up the food chain at Royal Mail as we can reach ...

• Like 1

Royal Mail law unto itself. It has used the pandemic to reduce services. I could understand that early on with people off sick but that's not the case now.