British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, bruno said:

Another week and no star again, obviously a local issue. I don't do complaining but after working for the Post Office for 38 years and the last 19 years of that as a postie maybe it's time I did. Seems obvious that since the star went to see thru packaging it's made a difference. But as Phillip says first class is first class

The packaging is definitely the issue I reckon. I subscribe to a monthly Music Mag that has been consistently late by up to 2 weeks in recent months. Changed from clear packaging to paper this month and arrived on time.

Edited by salty

20 minutes ago, salty said:

The packaging is definitely the issue I reckon. I subscribe to a monthly Music Mag that has been consistently late by up to 2 weeks in recent months. Changed from clear packaging to paper this month and arrived on time.

INTERESTING ..

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

INTERESTING ..

There used to be an organisation that represented magazine publishers. Wondering if it still exists and whether they had a view.

Brilliant service this week.

I forgot to renew my subscription and only realised when this week's edition didn't arrive yesterday.

Subscription renewed late yesterday morning and mag arrived via this morning's post.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, salty said:

MONTHLY magazine and probably not sent first class and less time sensitive than Speedway Star. According to Royal Mail, surprise, surprise, all mail is treated equally. 

• Like 1

Last two weeks my issue has arrived with Friday’s post, it’s irritating especially as I only live 15 miles away from where it’s printed.

Its very notably got less reliable since plastic wrapped as opposed to a plain brown envelope.

Must say got mine yesterday  and it has arrived on time for last few weeks following a prolonged period of regular delays

Daft Idea warning

Maybe when a subscription is up for renewal offer a free 2 week trial of the online edition, to give an opportunity for the subscriber to take a look and see if they would prefer to renew with the online option instead of print.

15 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Last two weeks my issue has arrived with Friday’s post, it’s irritating especially as I only live 15 miles away from where it’s printed.

Its very notably got less reliable since plastic wrapped as opposed to a plain brown envelope.

Since changed to the plastic  cover I've received it on a Thursday except following  the English Bank Holiday. Why do you guys close everything down in the country? Up here in Scotland we have local holidays which allows you to visit other places that are open (covid permitting). Only problem is we now have so many 'English immigrants' that their bad influence is beginning to bite.

19 hours ago, edmon said:

Since changed to the plastic  cover I've received it on a Thursday except following  the English Bank Holiday. Why do you guys close everything down in the country? Up here in Scotland we have local holidays which allows you to visit other places that are open (covid permitting). Only problem is we now have so many 'English immigrants' that their bad influence is beginning to bite.

Must be honest the post about the postman telling one of his customers they hold the magazines back sounded a bit too close to the truth, for years mine has been Thursday pretty much for years, this year it’s been all over the place, Friday Saturday and even a Monday.

I have thought about a digital copy but I do like a printed version.

My speedway star has been on time once since since it changed to plastic cover . As far as Royal Mail is concerned a sports magazine is not important where delivery is concerned .yet receive mail posted with 2nd class stamp gets delivered the next day .I’ve had several mail delivered first class with 2nd class stamp .please go back to brown envelopes.

1 hour ago, Diamondlil said:

My speedway star has been on time once since since it changed to plastic cover . As far as Royal Mail is concerned a sports magazine is not important where delivery is concerned .yet receive mail posted with 2nd class stamp gets delivered the next day .I’ve had several mail delivered first class with 2nd class stamp .please go back to brown envelopes.

SORRY but we would go out of business rapidly ... appreciate and share your disappointment but the percentage of copies that do not arrive on time (as far as we know and judged by how many complaints we get here and at the office is less than one per cent of those sent out.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1