British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

My speedway star has been on time once since since it changed to plastic cover . As far as Royal Mail is concerned a sports magazine is not important where delivery is concerned .yet receive mail posted with 2nd class stamp gets delivered the next day .I’ve had several mail delivered first class with 2nd class stamp .please go back to brown envelopes.

I think it’s clear some RM sorting offices work differently to others judging by the comments on this thread.

Spare a thought for the petty thiefs at least with clear plastic they can see if whats inside is worth stealing without spending there time opening it.

Edited by scoobydoo

When Speedway Star arrived in a brown envelope, since subscribing mine would be late perhaps once or twice a year (it was 'late' every 2-3 weeks when picked up at newsagent) and maybe once in two years an issue wouldn't arrive at all.  To be fair mine has commendably been late only a couple of times in the current 'clear envelope' & Covid-19 era, just the one issue went walkabout.  On a rare non-delivery, usually early in the year for some reason (not my sub renewel time), following a quick phone call to Dave Fairbrother a replacement copy arrives the next day.  Though, interestingly, any issues of mine that are initially posted and go missing never do turn up, so are genuinely 'lost in the post'. Just sayin'....

Edited by martinmauger
added Speedway Star praise

My delivery seems to have sorted itself out. Been on Thursday last few weeks. 

On 10/5/2020 at 6:02 PM, Diamondlil said:

My speedway star has been on time once since since it changed to plastic cover . As far as Royal Mail is concerned a sports magazine is not important where delivery is concerned .yet receive mail posted with 2nd class stamp gets delivered the next day .I’ve had several mail delivered first class with 2nd class stamp .please go back to brown envelopes.

Hello I'm a postie and don't really think the packaging has anything to do with delayed deliveries. At my office there are probably around 85 staff and for the last week we have had 40+ people off with Covid so unfortunately some people will receive mail late and there's not a lot we can do about it we are trying our best but we just don't have the resources, and I'd imagine it's the same up and down the country. but hopefully things should start to improve in the next week or so. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bloom 89   I accept in the current situation things are difficult  but when you pay  for a first class delivery, that’s it exactly what customer should be getting 1 day late at the latest not 3or 4days late . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Hello I'm a postie and don't really think the packaging has anything to do with delayed deliveries. At my office there are probably around 85 staff and for the last week we have had 40+ people off with Covid so unfortunately some people will receive mail late and there's not a lot we can do about it we are trying our best but we just don't have the resources, and I'd imagine it's the same up and down the country. but hopefully things should start to improve in the next week or so. 

APPRECIATE you guys are doing your best ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

Bloom 89   I accept in the current situation things are difficult  but when you pay  for a first class delivery, that’s it exactly what customer should be getting 1 day late at the latest not 3or 4days late . 

Up our way the Posties are still delivering mail at 7pm,due to staff shortages.

Anyone else having problems with the "exactly" app for android? thought this was the foolproof way of getting Speedway Star on time!

The app just keeps stopping on both my devices (phone and tablet) have tried re-installing

and yes I have paid my subscription!

53 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

Anyone else having problems with the "exactly" app for android? thought this was the foolproof way of getting Speedway Star on time!

The app just keeps stopping on both my devices (phone and tablet) have tried re-installing

WILL enquire with the company who handle our digital subs ...

2 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Yes.

The app worked fine on my iPad from the start. But has always played up very badly on my Kindle Fire and never resolved. But avoiding the app and using the exact editions website and it all works fine.

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

APPRECIATE you guys are doing your best ...

Thank you.

I to am having issues with the exactly app, won't open just crashes, re installed it and no better

Got two copies yesterday.  One for me in Linlithgow and one for Andrew Tully's dad in Bathgate, 6 miles away, stuck together. Put his back in postbox.