British Speedway Forum

Philip, I buy Mojo magazine monthly. They run a seperate series concentrating on single artists such as Dylan, Stones, Kate Bush, etc. They use their own archive material

Could the star not do something along those lines using your archive material. You could do specials on the big names and 'best of' given years with the most interesting stories from that year.

The mojo ones go for. around a tenner

On 11/14/2020 at 6:27 PM, AFCB Wildcat said:

I was about to say more or less the same.

I think the Star has done a first class job in the absence of domestic speedway this year. The content has been excellent and a cover to cover read for me. :t:

So do I . Terrific read , always look forward to reading every Thursday, well done all at the Star.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

Philip, I buy Mojo magazine monthly. They run a seperate series concentrating on single artists such as Dylan, Stones, Kate Bush, etc. They use their own archive material

Could the star not do something along those lines using your archive material. You could do specials on the big names and 'best of' given years with the most interesting stories from that year.

The mojo ones go for. around a tenner

WILL give it some thought ... thanks

• Like 1

I agree with the comment made by Topaz325. I started watching Speedway at the Shay, Halifax in 1966 so "older" articles on riders such as Eric Boocock, Ray Wilson and Jim Airey have some relevance to me. However, when I read any articles pre-dating the early 60's I tend to switch off. 

Having said all that the Star is a fantastic read and I really look forward to getting it each week. I love the Backtrack articles which have more of a depth to them and maybe something could be done on the same lines for more recent riders.

• Like 1

i don't get the Star but was anything done on Kevin Doolan recently, he's been a decent rider in Britain for a while

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

i don't get the Star but was anything done on Kevin Doolan recently, he's been a decent rider in Britain for a while

HE is on the cover this week with a feature inside...

• Thanks 1

I must say that my interest in Speedway has been maintained by the presence of Speedway Star during the pandemic. Without the weekly mag.  there would have no UK speedway news at all unless you count social media as a news source. Well done to BelleVue with the streaming of meetings, this must be the way forward to get to people who do not have a team near them, that applies to me and I live in London.  I am going to buy a year’s subs when next due, the Star must continue. Thanks to all the boys and girls at The Star.

• Like 1

After about 6 weeks of Thursday delivery no star yet this week despite having post yesterday and today :( piggin Royal Mail. Don't normally get post on a Saturday these days as well

1 hour ago, bruno said:

After about 6 weeks of Thursday delivery no star yet this week despite having post yesterday and today :( piggin Royal Mail. Don't normally get post on a Saturday these days as well

ditto

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

ditto

Double ditto going to be a long weekend with no thursday bath night with my comic 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone else getting loads of adverts on the forum now?

Yes, it is hard to find the content I want to read some of the time there are so many adverts. 

Note to advertisers - I don't need to be told which of the young ladies, wearing very little, are 'hot'. I learnt how to do that for myself over 50 years ago and have not forgotten in old age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

ditto

OFFICE has been inundated with calls from subscribers not getting their copy ... yet again, apologies, but nothing we can do other than froth at the mouth

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 9:20 AM, Tinker said:

I agree with the comment made by Topaz325. I started watching Speedway at the Shay, Halifax in 1966 so "older" articles on riders such as Eric Boocock, Ray Wilson and Jim Airey have some relevance to me. However, when I read any articles pre-dating the early 60's I tend to switch off. 

Having said all that the Star is a fantastic read and I really look forward to getting it each week. I love the Backtrack articles which have more of a depth to them and maybe something could be done on the same lines for more recent riders.

Visited the Shay once Hyde road two or three times and Bradford three or four times, Bradford v Kings Lynn , British GP, world championship qualifiers etc

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

OFFICE has been inundated with calls from subscribers not getting their copy ... yet again, apologies, but nothing we can do other than froth at the mouth

Yes mine two days late so far.

• Like 1